Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 04:03 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmboRambo View Post
I don't have tach but I'm getting Rpms in edge programmer . Cps should be fine then?
Also purple o ring must be factory on online order only?

AmboRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:29 PM   #22

I must apologize

The AIH is on the turbo pedistal. It closes when the engine is cold and allows hot air to circulate to speed up the warming of the engine.

Leave it plugged into the sensor even if you have deleted it. I said earlier it is on the same fuse as the PCM...WRONG...the fuel heater and PCM are on the same fuse...22. It is not uncommon to blow this fuse while rebuilding the fuel bowl.

Bet on black is correct on the hpop. Your programmer will allow you to see if you have 500psi in order for the injectors to fire. If you do not you can fake out the PCM by removing the plug on the ICP. The PCM will think you have 500 psi. If the plug is oily the ICP needs to be replaced.
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #23

My AIH has been deleted for a year and no problems other than a non-CEL for it.
I'd lean towards the CPS.

If you want to see how hot the AIH gets... https://youtu.be/-vE15G3znCs
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Also that aih is that a plug in on the snorkel / air trunk on connected onto the y pipe going from turbo to heads .. with the orange boots on them?

That's it.
bet on black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasm View Post
I must apologize

The AIH is on the turbo pedistal. It closes when the engine is cold and allows hot air to circulate to speed up the warming of the engine.

Leave it plugged into the sensor even if you have deleted it. I said earlier it is on the same fuse as the PCM...WRONG...the fuel heater and PCM are on the same fuse...22. It is not uncommon to blow this fuse while rebuilding the fuel bowl.

Bet on black is correct on the hpop. Your programmer will allow you to see if you have 500psi in order for the injectors to fire. If you do not you can fake out the PCM by removing the plug on the ICP. The PCM will think you have 500 psi. If the plug is oily the ICP needs to be replaced.

The aih is on the intake y. It kicks on with the ebpv to aid in warm up in cold temps.

The ebpv is on the turbo outlet and closes to help warm up in cold temps by closing the valve in the outlet restricting exhaust flow. I deleted mine for better flow when under boost and it does get some white smoke until it's warm; which is what the valve is supposed to reduce.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #26

So delete the aih and plug it with a bolt or grind off the cool and plug it? Or just unplug sensor and put some reflective heat tape on it? Same with ebpv sensor going into pedestal unplug it and put that reflective tape on it and hang it up somewhere? No cel just soft codes
Old 02-08-2018, 07:55 PM   #27

Also if hpop resivor is stripped can I pull it out and plug with some standered npt bolt
Old 02-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #28

Do it nice, like me...

AIH Delete Plug for Ford 7.3L 99-03
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:24 AM   #29

Quote:
So delete the aih and plug it with a bolt or grind off the cool and plug it? Or just unplug sensor and put some reflective heat tape on it? Same with ebpv sensor going into pedestal unplug it and put that reflective tape on it and hang it up somewhere? No cel just soft codes

I don't think the ebpv is causing your no start issue though. If you do want to delete the aih and ebpv do the following.

Buy a plug for the aih. There are 2 kinds of plugs; There are solid ones and ones that have a 1/8" npt port. That's where I put my water/methanol injection nozzle. Most of the diesel parts places sell them.

My ebpv plug is l dangling there taped up. To properly delete it you need a non-ebpv pedestal and an ebpv delete outlet piece. I kept it in my last van. I deleted it in the new van as it wouldn't work on my f-series turbo and plus my van was an early 99, so I needed a new pedestal anyways to upgrade to the late 99+ turbo and intake manifolds.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:26 AM   #30

Quote:
I don't have tach but I'm getting Rpms in edge programmer . Cps should be fine then?

Should be fine then. Cps is how he pcm measures rpms

Tags
7.3, e350, ebp, no start