Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #41

check the fuse again and unhook IPS and try again

hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:22 PM   #42

Ips injection pressure sensor ? Do you know the location of that on e350? I'll do a quick look online and keep an we on that fuse 22 under dash... any partiecular fuses you know could be problematic under the hood?
AmboRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #43

IPs is the icp sensor? So try unplugging the icp sensor again with the new fuse?
Old 02-09-2018, 11:05 PM   #44

I've never owned a diesel, but the factory manuals for my gasser have logical step by step instructions to trouble shoot and test all the systems. It shows you how and where to measure voltages, and or pressures and tells you what is an acceptable range. The manuals are available at Amazon, and I got three out of four (I didn't get the emissions manual yet) for under $100.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:03 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I've never owned a diesel, but the factory manuals for my gasser have logical step by step instructions to trouble shoot and test all the systems. It shows you how and where to measure voltages, and or pressures and tells you what is an acceptable range. The manuals are available at Amazon, and I got three out of four (I didn't get the emissions manual yet) for under $100.
I was considering buying the manuals . Kind of on a tight budget at the moment . Was looking for something online I can download the PDF or some digital forum of the manuals but seems very hard to find.
I was going to just go up to the nearest auto parts store and get the Haynes or chilton but don't know how much good detailed info I would be getting really. Unfourtantlry the ambulance company ( leader) can't supply me with anything that goes back that far ...(2001) and the previous owner didn't have anything in there.
I also noticed the frame near the front passenger and driver side shock towers have a few welds on them. Ohh well. I'll still daily drive it and use for road trips but just going to keep a rosemary or sometjimg for good jujutsu least
Old 02-10-2018, 12:11 PM   #46

Very, very long shot:
Check your ground leads near the fuse box under hood driver side. There is at least one that goes from the fuse box area to the vertical face of the rear face of the radiator support structure / engine compartment. I forgot to reattach this when installing the Vantage Optics lights and the van would crank but not start at all.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #47

Started messing with that worn wire. While key was ignition. Had primed the fuel bowl just to hear if pump was working and left key turned over.
While moving this wire looks like it's just tied into wiring harness right behind y pipe going from each ( bank of pistions) has orange rubber boots around . Them.... Inform me on name please haha.
This relay/ sensor / wire bettwen the y pipe and fuel bowl touched one of the metal steel branded lined going into head . And cussed a spark. I tried turning over after taping that up and didn't see my wait to start light. Checked all fuses and had to replace number 8... I think that sensor or relay could be a problem and don't know how to identify it . Can't find any good info.
So blew this fuse while moving around the wire...
. NumbeRadio Capacitor(s), Ignition Coil, PCM Diode, PCM Power Relay, Fuel Heater, Glow Plug Relay (Diesel)
PCM power relay?
Glow pug relay?
Old 02-10-2018, 01:51 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Very, very long shot:
Check your ground leads near the fuse box under hood driver side. There is at least one that goes from the fuse box area to the vertical face of the rear face of the radiator support structure / engine compartment. I forgot to reattach this when installing the Vantage Optics lights and the van would crank but not start at all.
I'll go check those leads too.
Glow plug relay or pcm relay would cause a no start?
Old 02-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #49

I know of two cases personally if there is no Wait/Glow Plug light on the dash, it will crank all day long but ain't nothing gonna happen with starting.

EDIT: Actually, I am not sure if the Wait light was on or off with the Ground Lead situation.

The un-attached ground lead was one case, and the other was when the PCM had an issue when I installed the DP Tuner the first time such that the "Wait" light did not come on. Same symptoms, would crank, but no start.

First case resolved when I attached the ground lead. The second case resolved by removing the DP Tuner module and so it was back to the stock configuration. The tuner had a defective connection.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
I know of two cases personally if there is no Wait/Glow Plug light on the dash, it will crank all day long but ain't nothing gonna happen with starting.

EDIT: Actually, I am not sure if the Wait light was on or off with the Ground Lead situation.

The un-attached ground lead was one case, and the other was when the PCM had an issue when I installed the DP Tuner the first time such that the "Wait" light did not come on. Same symptoms, would crank, but no start.

First case resolved when I attached the ground lead. The second case resolved by removing the DP Tuner module and so it was back to the stock configuration. The tuner had a defective connection.
Yeah currently replaced fuse 8 and have my wait to start back again. Still no start just cranks a little harder it seems after taping up that bare wire. Seems like since I moved it around and the key was on it was live and hitting the Braided still fuel or oil line caused it to spark and pop that fuse. I think that might be the problem but can't figure what exactly it is... I tried looking for that lead you were talking about by the box under the hood but couldn't really locate that either... so wait to start is back on. Need to locate what I'm seeing as a bare wire and also probalay check on that lead ... I think everything looks tight by the fuse box under hood.. I also have a edge programmer not connected but not sure if I should turn key over and restart pcm to stock , it wasn't ever giving me any problems and I inherited it from previous owner. Don't see why I would need to restart it just from replacing battery once about 6 weeks ago before this ever happened And doing that fuel bowl rebuild disconnected battery for that.

Tags
7.3, e350, ebp, no start