Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2018, 03:18 PM   #51

Here is the area where the ground wire is:
Click image for larger version

Name:	4B8D4BE3-C741-4F90-AF2A-997A6AF0EF2D.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	19428

Old 02-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #52

So while I was rebuilding and reinstalling everything the fuel bowl harness clip was broken I put tape around it and proceed to drive about 40 miles.. I guess the tape had melted off and made a loose connection . That's why I got a no start?? I thought that was just for the fuel bowl heater... stupid.. I forgot that other wire on the bottom of fuel bowl to heating element must be the one you leave unplugged for delete..
So put the clip back on even though it's broken and still won't go.. maybe go get some sensor cleaner and spray both them down then see if it'll start...

Someone said this too it's common to break that clip and I never thought twice about it.
Any repurccussions of trying to repetivley start this without that connected ... starter still sounds fine and fuel bowl is working and pumping .
AmboRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Here is the area where the ground wire is:
Attachment 19428
I'll check that. How did you upload a pic without a link?
Old 02-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #54

That one I did from my phone.

First the picture has to be taken in Landscape with shutter button to the right.
When responding use "Go Advanced", use the Attachments Icon Choose File, Browse your library to select photo, then Upload. Close the Manage Attachments window. Select the Attachments Icon again and you will see a photo waiting to be inserted. Insert the photo where you want it in the post.

Doing on the computer is pretty much the same.

Others use Tapatalk. I have never used that.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:24 PM   #55

Still no start.. my fuel bowl heater clip / sensor is loose?
Anyone have any idea if this would cause no start? / item number or would a zipe tie or something along those lines hold it on?
Still have ebpv codes.
All fuses are good. Quarter tank gas. Hpop and oil is full. Batteries and starter are fine. Fuel bowl is pumping.
I did change the spring in fpr from 1 level above stock then back to stock. Still no start wen went back to stock .
As far as I know it was fixed after fuel bowl repair with no codes( I didn't check) . Changed coolant. Flushed old coolant.
Leaked coolant due to me putting o ring wrong direction from thermostat. Gasket should be on the top.
Overtightened duralast filter and cap. Got a fuel leak.
New cap and filter hand tightened .
Woke up ran it for 30 miles or so.
Shut off. Started about 15 minutes later. Warmed up about 10 minutes . Reversed and lost power. Put in drive and died.

Maybe ...
Bare wire for sensor or relay near fuel bowl on wiring harness. ?
Clip for fuel bowl?
A fuse or relay under hood?
Ipr ? Gets rpms so not cps.
No check engine light. Have a wait to start . Gets oil pressure after cranking 4 seconds.
Might record all my codes then post that also.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:06 PM   #56

Is there smoke from the tailpipe ever when cranking?
bet on black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #57

How are you checking the fuses, visually? If so, they can look fine, but have a crack you can't see. Get a 12V test light, the type like an ice pick with a ground lead. Find a good ground, attach the allagator clip, then touch each side of each fuse with the icepick. The light should light up every time, once on each side. If only one side lights the light, that fuse if bad. The flat blade fuses have a little place on top of the fuse where you can contact each side of the element.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:05 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bet on black View Post
Is there smoke from the tailpipe ever when cranking?
I was seeing some white smoke a few days ago from driver side up pipe feeding turbo
Old 02-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
How are you checking the fuses, visually? If so, they can look fine, but have a crack you can't see. Get a 12V test light, the type like an ice pick with a ground lead. Find a good ground, attach the allagator clip, then touch each side of each fuse with the icepick. The light should light up every time, once on each side. If only one side lights the light, that fuse if bad. The flat blade fuses have a little place on top of the fuse where you can contact each side of the element.
I have a multimeter . The harbor freight gift hahah. I'll think I do also have a 12v light pen not sure if it has the wire alligator input... yeah I've been visually inspecting them. Those fuses and relays under the hood I have tried. Been using a needle nose to pull them and really don't know how to check for relay
Old 02-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #60

Would a disconnected fuel bowl wire harness cause no start? I tried having someone start it while I'm holding the fuel bowl pin down into clip.
That could potentially of been my problem. I taped it up after breaking the clip in fuel bowl rebuild the tape melted then caused it to disconnect and engeine to die.
If that was the case it should start while holding it down? And doesn't explain ebpv back pressure?
Also going to clean my ebpv tube tommorow . See if that helps. Already tried spraying the sensors clean with Electra cleanser or something along those lines.

Tags
7.3, e350, ebp, no start