Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseberry View Post
You have sparks or arcing on the wrench to what

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My ebp line was tapping against my other alternator...
Now ebp line is having trouble getting back on. The brass end caps are grumpy and won’t thread right.
Thinking of deleting the ebp line and plugging exhaust manifold and keeping ebp sensor there

AmboRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #72

Check your IDM which is on the drivers fender, and make sure it has not gotten water in it
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #73

on the 7.3, most problems are either electrical, oil or fuel related. You have got fuel and oil is topped off so you can rule those problems out. Have you checked to see if your glow plugs are firing? The GPR relay could be bad. Quick way to check is to monitor the vans voltage when you first key it on after i sitting a while. If the glow plugs are firing you will see 10.8-11.1 V for 30 sec-2min depending on your oil and ambient temps. If they arent firing, you will get no change in voltage after turning the key on (not starting it) so voltage should be about 12.5 V if your batteries are good.

Secondly, I would check the IPR (injection Pressure Regulator) the tin nut on the back of the valve can come off due to the diesel vibrations. Also check the plug connection. I think you may have a bad regulator or bad hpop. Easiest thing you can do related to the hpop/ipr, although not really easy in a van, is remove the ipr and replace it with a new or used working one. Or you can take it apart and clean it as the can get gummed up and nasty.

Before doing any of the above, I would try to source an IDM, or borrow someones that has a 7.3 and swap it out with a working one. The IDM is located in the drivers fender on the side of the coolant reservoir. Good luck!
Old 02-19-2018, 02:17 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasm View Post
Check your IDM which is on the drivers fender, and make sure it has not gotten water in it
Idm on drivers fender? I’ll check that but . No telling. Can’t find it yet.
Here’s an update.
Cleaned ebp tube .. and sensor...
couldn’t get ebp tube that tight back on bracket below sensor but really not to worried about it. As of now not sure if it’s because I reset batteries while doing that but only have 2 codes.
One for kam and other for air temp.
Still no start. Also returned pcm to stock seems to crank a Lillie’s better
Old 02-19-2018, 02:21 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbonsu View Post
on the 7.3, most problems are either electrical, oil or fuel related. You have got fuel and oil is topped off so you can rule those problems out. Have you checked to see if your glow plugs are firing? The GPR relay could be bad. Quick way to check is to monitor the vans voltage when you first key it on after i sitting a while. If the glow plugs are firing you will see 10.8-11.1 V for 30 sec-2min depending on your oil and ambient temps. If they arent firing, you will get no change in voltage after turning the key on (not starting it) so voltage should be about 12.5 V if your batteries are good.

Secondly, I would check the IPR (injection Pressure Regulator) the tin nut on the back of the valve can come off due to the diesel vibrations. Also check the plug connection. I think you may have a bad regulator or bad hpop. Easiest thing you can do related to the hpop/ipr, although not really easy in a van, is remove the ipr and replace it with a new or used working one. Or you can take it apart and clean it as the can get gummed up and nasty.

Before doing any of the above, I would try to source an IDM, or borrow someones that has a 7.3 and swap it out with a working one. The IDM is located in the drivers fender on the side of the coolant reservoir. Good luck!
Also can’t really find ipr from being under the hood ... looking to feel for it behind or on backside of hpop? Couldn’t get my hand back there and feel that but that everyone says comes loose
Old 02-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmboRambo View Post
Also can’t really find ipr from being under the hood ... looking to feel for it behind or on backside of hpop? Couldn’t get my hand back there and feel that but that everyone says comes loose
Also so with koeo I’m checking my battery while glow plugs are warming to see if I get down to 10.8 ?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #77

Where’s the idm?
Maybe that box under reservoir ?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbonsu View Post

Volts testing on battery . 12.64
Glow plugs on 11.32
Don’t know if that’s after wait to start light turned off . Turned key on and ran to multimeter
Old 02-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #79

Alright pictures didn’t all go through.. maybe idm isn’t under resivoir because there’s nothing inside the fender and it’s an ambulance? I’ll send more pics
Old 02-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmboRambo View Post
Where’s the idm?
Maybe that box under reservoir ?
IDM is to the right of the reservoir. it is mounted to a plate. follow the huge wire harness and you will find it.

Tags
7.3, e350, ebp, no start