Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33
Re: Now, a Word About Sportsmobile -The Company

LOL Keith!

That was something we added on our Rig......and it wasn't free!

Ray

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger
No biggie. I haven't had my meds yet today.
Me too, I'm just pouring a glass of them now...cheers!

Quote:
Now what was that about a cappuccino machine?
My thoughts exactly...Ray, is that decadence or what? I know, SMBs don't fit under Starbucks drive-thrus, right?

All the best,
Steve
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #43
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbmac
Quote:
No biggie. I haven't had my meds yet today.
Me too, I'm just pouring a glass of them now...cheers!

Steve
in a light up martini glass?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:57 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_hauler
in a light up martini glass?
I'm not man enough to pull that one off, either the martini or the glass. It was just a Chateauneuf du Pape, which would look funny in that thing.
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny
That being said, I couldn't resist calling out someone posting ridiculous "smack talk" all from a fake name.
Jonny
I guess I'm confabulating my bad experiences, too, since I'm not on here shilling...uhh, I mean...praising SMB for their screw-ups of our 120 VAC system, our air conditioner, our generator...

Oh, and I guess I can call the Dodge dealership where our Sprinter is parked awaiting repair and tell them "never mind" since I'm imagining the false-alarm soundings and recurring dead battery they attribute to SMB damaging the security system sensors when they installed the ceiling.

Maybe you can tell Paul Meyer that my phone number and email address haven't changed...but my check has long since cleared, so...
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #46

To add insult to injury, now i find i didnt even get a hat
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #47

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger

I would believe SMB way before I would believe Dodge.

Regards,

Keith
Old 02-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #48

Quote:
Keith
Why? (Not a rhetorical question.)

If Dodge was just out to scam us, they could have claimed we needed a new battery, alternator, or any of a number of other, far more obvious electrical components.

I suppose Dodge could be clueless and bumbling, but (unless they're making all of this up) they were able to retrieve trouble codes from the van specifically related to particular security system sensors in the roof/ceiling of the van. (We didn't tell them about the false-alarm issue because we've always thought it was just related to gusting wind or other innocent jostling of the van.) They don't appear to be on a random fishing expedition.

SMB, on the other hand, made a number of sloppy mistakes in putting our van together, and has consistently denied, deflected, or simply ignored their responsibility for each.

Also, your suggestion assumes we have SMB's word to weigh against Dodge's. As we have grown accustomed to, the only response we have received to our calls and email to SMB has been...silence. This may, however, finally be a big enough screw-up that we decide it's worth suing SMB, which is apparently the only way to get them to take responsibility for their mediocre work.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #49

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal
Quote:
Keith
Why? (Not a rhetorical question.) My experience with SMB vs Dodge.

If Dodge was just out to scam us, they could have claimed we needed a new battery, alternator, or any of a number of other, far more obvious electrical components.

I suppose Dodge could be clueless and bumbling, but (unless they're making all of this up) they were able to retrieve trouble codes from the van specifically related to particular security system sensors in the roof/ceiling of the van. Do you have the codes? (We didn't tell them about the false-alarm issue because we've always thought it was just related to gusting wind or other innocent jostling of the van.) Gusting wind or jostling won't set off the interior alarm BTW. Motion is what does it. They don't appear to be on a random fishing expedition.

SMB, on the other hand, made a number of sloppy mistakes in putting our van together, and has consistently denied, deflected, or simply ignored their responsibility for each.

Also, your suggestion assumes we have SMB's word to weigh against Dodge's. As we have grown accustomed to, the only response we have received to our calls and email to SMB has been...silence. Not normal, (at least my experience with SMB West). This may, however, finally be a big enough screw-up that we decide it's worth suing SMB, which is apparently the only way to get them to take responsibility for their mediocre work.
Do you have photos of where the alarm was compromised? Even if SMB did cut into the hot line of the alarm system it would be easily remeded and I don't see how it could cause false alarms. Also the SMB electrical for the most part should be isolated from the Sprinter's electrical. Many of us learned not to trust Dodge when it became apparent we knew much more about the Sprinter than they did.

Regards,
Keith
Old 02-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #50

Quote:
Gusting wind or jostling won't set off the interior alarm BTW. Motion is what does it. The sensors in question are (now) hidden within the roof/ceiling of the van. I don't think even SMB would have covered over IR sensors for detecting interior motion, so I believe they are inertial sensors, but that is just my speculation.

As we have grown accustomed to, the only response we have received to our calls and email to SMB has been...silence. Not normal, (at least my experience with SMB West). We are dealing with SMB Texas.

Do you have photos of where the alarm was compromised? Even if SMB did cut into the hot line of the alarm system it would be easily remeded and I don't see how it could cause false alarms. Also the SMB electrical for the most part should be isolated from the Sprinter's electrical. Many of us learned not to trust Dodge when it became apparent we knew much more about the Sprinter than they did.

Regards,
Keith
No, the damage is inside the ceiling; Dodge is still tracing down the exact location. Sorry if I was unclear, but this isn't a problem with the "house battery" DC system. This is a problem with the engine battery occasionally going stone dead when the van is parked for 5-7 days.