Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #1

Now, a Word About Sportsmobile -The Company

As you may know, I sold my Sporty yesterday. Thus, I am no longer obliged to sing the praises of Sportsmobile. So, with that, and this is for those considering a Sportsmobile, you will be hard pressed to find any company selling anything that has better customer service than Sportsmobile. When I needed this little this or this little that, a quick email to Lynn insured the part would be on its way in short order......for free. You can't say that about many other manufacturers (including those that stupidly made manufacturing mistakes and want to charge top dollar for their fixes to make the product work as advertised). Another thing about SMB is that they obviously listen to their customers and makes changes accordingly. So, if considering a new or used SMB, do not concern yourself about support. Kirk out.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #2

Re: Now, a Word About Sportsmobile -The Company

I agree 100%. I bought my SMB 5 years ago, I noticed the "well nuts" that secure the awning to The Van had failed about a year ago. I e-mailed Sportsmoble West and asked where I could get some replacements. Alan Feld (the owner) replied the next day and asked me for an address that they could be sent to. They were overnighted the next day, no cost. Sure it's just a
$5.00 part, but they were right on it.

Tom
Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #3

Not my experiance
Waiting 4 months for reply from Alan
bw
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:46 AM   #4

If you are waiting 4 months I would recommend a phone call...not sure what your particular issue is or what has gone on before but 4 months just sounds strange.
pm details if you don't want things public...
Old 12-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #5

I have no complaints either. Sure, they could do some things better, but overall, it's pretty good. SMB Indy really worked with us to make a few changes at a very reasonable labor rate on our new rig. They also fixed any and all warrantee issues quickly and with no complaints. As near as I can tell, there really isn't another option for a custom made vehicle like this. If you go with Roadtrek, or something like that, you either like the interior or you don't.
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilson
Not my experiance
Waiting 4 months for reply from Alan
bw
gave up a long time ago waiting for simple answer
not worth the negitive energy, life is too short
... besides my check already cleared their bank
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #7

Just thought I would add this to the mix. Our experience with SportsMobile has been nothing but outstanding! From the first meeting to ordering to the pickup of our van and any service, they have gone the extra mile to make sure everything is right. Good Company! The vans are not perfect, but I would buy another one, and plan to. Note to Bill, maybe you riled someone up. Relax and get on the phone to them. They are willing and easy to work with.

Henry
Old 12-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
rnj

I also have praise for Sportsmobile. Before I bought my van used from a dealer who also was very good, I called Sportsmobile to see if they could give me any information on the van. I had the VIN but their records were by owner’s name which the dealer gave me. Paul SMB-Tx called me right back after finding the file and answered all questions I had & even gave me expected value of the van. I told him the asking price and he said that was a very good price. After I bought it I called to see if I could have propane added, and then to see what switches under dash were. They returned my calls the next day. They needed pictures that I emailed and they responded right away. I then called about getting city and waste water connection stickers, vent o-ring, 4 small gray melamine pieces to put in places where I removed the closet, and also 25’ gray edging. They sent all for free except for gray edging as they said needed to charge me for it. I would have paid for everything. I called back within minutes to see If I could have some pieces cut a little larger 4”x8” and Kevin had already cut 2 of the pieces. Shipping called me to verify my address within the hour.

Randy
Hankook Dynapro ATs 225/75-16 LRE
New to me 10/2008 - 2nd owner
rnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
Site Team

Garage

I also have to admit that SMB has been one of the most unique companies I've ever had to deal with. I will say that all builds like this are bound to have troubles, and some of the “fit and finish” on my rig was questionable, but they were very pro-active in fixing the problem. I must give them an "A" for service. I know others have had problems but so far, compared to what other RV companies generally give, SMB excels big time. Too bad Ford wasn’t so Pro-Active

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:50 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Skywagon

I was just about to say the same thing. Ford could learn a lot, customer service-wise, from Sportsmobile. SMB is right at the top of the list of companies I've dealt with in regards to ensuring customer satisfaction. (Ford is right at the bottom of the list.)
Bill