Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
OEM Windshield Images

Hey all---about to drive myself crazy seeking a windshield originally fitted to a 1997 through 2004 Ford E-Series----those parameters are very important to this hunt.

It simply HAS to be an originally installed from the factory which are varying degrees of different from those I can easily obtain in my glass business. If you have such a beast I'd ask for an image of the permanently affixed logo showing various bits of information including a Ford or Carlite brand, a part number and some DOT numbers that will be present but not of interest for this project.

Along with the logo an image of the interior rear view mirror mount, the mirror itself can be in place or not---its the metal button and its surrounding area. Ideally this image would be taken outside the van looking at the RVM and/or button.

This would be soooooooooo VERY helpful for what I'm up to---details of that readily available to anyone interested even if its just pure curiosity.

TIA!

J W

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:59 AM   #2

Hi JWA, the window I have installed in our 2002 is a replacement but I specifically requested a Ford OEM (vs generic) and it has a Carlite logo. If that is within the parameters of what you are looking for I will get the pics. Also, they glued the mirror mount in nearly the same position. I have removed the mirror but the mount is there.
Old 05-24-2021, 10:52 AM   #3
JWA

Thanks for the reply 1der!

If your w/s was replaced and inside the logo area you see a number like "DW1504" or any number beginning with the DW prefix it won't have the numbers I'm seeking. Believe it or not with that prefix its technically an aftermarket part although it does say Carlite on it. Confusing I'm sure.

If its not too much trouble please send any images you do have just in case I'm mistaken here.

Thanks!

J W
Old 05-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #4

this is mine
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01594.jpg   DSC01598.jpg  
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #5

This is mine it has DW01504GTY, you can also see the "ford" logo above carlite.
To my knowledge it is the original windshield unless someone replaced it when i wasnt looking. Its a 2004.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:14 PM   #6
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
This is mine it has DW01504GTY, you can also see the "ford" logo above carlite.
To my knowledge it is the original windshield unless someone replaced it when i wasnt looking. Its a 2004.
Did you buy your van brand new or gently used?

It appears that windshield has been replaced at some point; the DW1504 GTY being the giveaway. Despite having the Ford logo along with the Carlite brand name its the "aftermarket" version of what would have been installed at the factory. OEM windshields do not have the DW numbers.

Thanks for sharing that info though---very helpful!
Old 05-24-2021, 03:19 PM   #7

I am in the same category with the DW1504 numbering. Bummer, I had the original /OEM glass replaced about 2 years ago after a chip propagated all the way across.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:34 PM   #8

Is there an issue with the DW windshields? I can probably find what youre looking for at the local salvage yard. They have tons of junked vans in that specific year range. Are you just needing the numbers and pictures or are you needing a windshield?
Old 05-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #9
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
I am in the same category with the DW1504 numbering. Bummer, I had the original /OEM glass replaced about 2 years ago after a chip propagated all the way across.
Well that happens---I'd not be in business otherwise. Thanks for the effort though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
Is there an issue with the DW windshields? I can probably find what youre looking for at the local salvage yard. They have tons of junked vans in that specific year range. Are you just needing the numbers and pictures or are you needing a windshield?
I need the logo images in order to assure what I'd order from the dealership would have the same features I'm seeking, ideally a DW1292 GBY. However because that number is no longer available the generic shape of the 1992 > 2013 E-Series is only available in the DW1504 GBY or DW1624 GBY which are NOT what i'm seeking.

Here's what I want to NOT have on a new windshield:

The area described in greenish is the typical rear view mirror mounting "button", area described in magenta is a black spot intended to block direct sunlight from causing the adhesive holding the mirror "button" to the windshield to over heat----that action can cause the entire rear view mirror to fall off the glass.

Because I can safely remove just the mirror "button" when just that black spot remains it distracts the helloutta me. Its so bothersome I'm willing to pay just about 3X the cost of a generic replacement part.

ScrapIron if you could find just the numbers and maybe an image of the rear view mirror mount (with or without the mirror in place) that would be an absolute godsend! I'd be more than willing to compensate you for time spent chasing this wild goose for me. Thanks so much for that idea and offer!
Old 05-24-2021, 04:25 PM   #10

Ahhh, so the black spot helps locate the button and protects the adhesive.

I removed my mirror from the button since it was a pain putting up the sun shield and all it allowed me to see was essentially the interior. I have thought about using the button to mount the GPS, DashCam or ScanGauge.