Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2014, 10:58 PM   #21

Re: older gen (1991-older) sportsmobile type vans...who's go

Here's mine, 1989 2wd E150 4.9, C6, 3.08. Just bought it, hence the "For Sale" stuff on the windows. It's not gonna be sold again for a long long time.

mwilliamshs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliamshs
Here's mine
That oldschool EB panel
Old 04-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliamshs
Here's mine, 1989 2wd E150 4.9, C6, 3.08. Just bought it, hence the "For Sale" stuff on the windows. It's not gonna be sold again for a long long time.
Oh man, another one of them dirty bikers from ADVrider...
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by E350MAN
I've got a 1990 E350 7.3 IdI E4OD 4;10 gears...was 3:55...which were too tall with 33" tires...like the 4:10's better....GV would be great for gear splitting between 1-2-3.....with 3:55 if I was careful 55-60 got a best of 22-23 once (tailwind in ND) overall I got about 15 or so city..18 or so Highway....driving in the Sierras...

I too am going thru the van completely...changed from slider to barn doors.....had side window from donor van put in left side...

I want to put a manual in it and was thinking of putting in a ZF 5 speed...been procrastinating on that one cuz I really want to put in a 12 valve cummins and ZF 6 speed....( I have the clutch pedals out of a 6 cylinder E250) you can find em!

Still have to finish interior...project going long cuz I travel a lot!

I do have a Dana 44 HD with 3:55 4 link Quigley setup in my garage...waiting for a new home...YES I did put a Dana 60 with ARB's in it ...and the 44 is viewed as a little light but it never gave me any problems and worked just fine....

will post pics soon!

Where's the pics????.....
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #25

Just put a deposit on this one -- will have it by Saturday. It's an '89 Ford with a 5.0. Was originally a conversion van that was taken in to Sportsmobile. Rear dinette, door side sink, no stove. 83k. I think it needs some suspension work -- pretty wallowy going down the road. I'll be looking for advice on upgrading the E150 springs etc.
Quercus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #26

Hopefully these "before" pictures will be different from the end result after I spruce it up a bit!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #27

JEDSLED traveling will have to wait until I get home in a month or so.....did just put a hydroboost system on it before I left....didn't get to test it yet though! also put a red box steering gear in it!
E350MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #28

Picked it up today. Time to get it ready for the summer camping season. You guys seem to have very nice vans -- ours is going to be a little sad compared to some of the sweet rigs I see on here-- here's hoping that y'all can help me get our rig up to snuff.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #29

Im rockin a 1991 E350 4x2 with the diesel. I would send some pics but its currently getting some work done down in Mexico. Rebuilding the transmission and looking at replacing the rear suspension. Already replaced the front suspension myself with the help of my dad. Next up is ripping out the interior, repainting it, and then laying down dynamat before putting in new flooring and reupholstering all of the seats. Cant wait to have it all done! Ive had this thing for about 5 years now and just now finally being able to redo it. Oh, also looking at putting in an electrical system with an inverter, air conditioner, and the ability to run on shore power, portable generator or off the alternator.
bburrito is offline   Reply With Quote