Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #1

Our New Sportsmobile

Getting ready to order our Ford van and place an order with Nancy (Sportsmobile North). Ordering the van locally and having it drop shipped (Due to trade in & other things) to them for their work. Pretty much know what we want & can afford, but am always looking for input. Couple of windows, penthouse top, sofa/bed, a few cabinets, etc. No furnace, frig, sink, stove nor such. Want storage, storage, storage, but open to ideas like what you forgot or wished you had now. Seems to easy, gotta be missing something. Thoughts?

garmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #2

Re: Our New Sportsmobile

Sounds like you want what we had done......also done at Huntington. Nancy is a world of information.....
We have penthouse top, frig, microwave, pantry , closet and in back dinette/beds.... 2 windows in back. Put in extra 12 volt outlets and lights.... Also have outside light by side door. Also 2 extra batteries. Had both seats so they turn....only used the drivers once...but like the passenger one and do use that quite often. No water no propane.... Very happy with our set up, as we always go to campgrounds.

DABEE a 2006 Ford EB250 with penthouse top.
Life Is Good.
danamrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #3

Mine is very simple; Penthouse, paneled, forward facing bench/ bed, 2 removable captains chairs, 1 small house battery, a few interior lights and 12V outlets, padded bed high storage so there's a 6' x 6' sleeping area down below. I think my only regret is not putting in a diesel fuel furnace. Other than that it has been perfect for what I need which is hauling gear and people for desert & river camping or backpacking.
2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 AM   #4

Mine is the EB-51. Originally wanted the 50 layout (either RB or EB) and spent much time with the crew at SMB West. My big priority was their 4x4 knowledge and build quality feedback from others as we wanted to explore areas off the beaten path.... We really love the entire 51 and having the EB. Behind the rear bed gives us tremendous extra space. As far as sink, fridge, microwave.... I can't imagine not having those unless you're after something more like a Suburban/family hauler.

Best of luck with the new SMB!

2010 SMB
www.xtrememobileadventures.com
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage

If you have not read these threads it's well worth a read even if it doesn't address your question.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2374
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2380

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #6

Garage

I really like to have some heat. Everything else can be handled by portable equipment, like lights, ice box, camp stove, water jugs. If you camp in RV parks a simple 120v system would allow the use a portable heater. Otherwise a furnace.