Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2010, 09:31 AM   #1

Painting the Top: Elastomeric Paints

Ive heard a few mentions of elastomeric paints as options for painting the penthouse top but there has not really been any discussion about this. I went to home depot and checked it out and they had only two types on the shelf. One said nothing about energy efficiency and was labeled as a Roofing, masonry, and stucco coating. The other, a Henry brand product labeled itself as being energy efficient but also labeled itself as a roofing and stucco coating. Can anybody provide some info on this topic? I saw one person mention Roof-IT RV but at $125 a gallon, its a lot more expensive than the $25.00 Home Depot wanted for their stuff. Any difference?

bburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #2

Re: Painting the Top: Elastomeric Paints

Well was hoping to get some answers or at least some nudges in the right direction I am heading out for two weeks of work travel and then will have some down time and so will be redoing the front end on my van and then painting the top. Ill keep doing research and provide some details here followed by a write up on the job. Since it seems like it is something that all of us need to do at one point or another might as well try and find out what I can and then share the knowledge.
bburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage
Re: Painting the Top: Elastomeric Paints

There are several posts on some who have used rhino and line X type coatings. I had SMB spray my top with the product they use as an option and so far to date would highly recommend it. To clean, just hose it off.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote