Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #1

Garage
Pedal extender?

We have a 2001 E350 Sportsmobile, new to us. The driver side suits me pretty well but my wife has to strain to get comfortable with the pedals. Seat and wheel adjustments aren't solving the problem. And I don't think she's going to be getting any taller.

Does anyone here have experience with pedal extenders? I've never had to deal with them before so was hoping others with E350s here might have some suggestions to share.

Thanks!
Scott Madsen

Makalu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #2

When I was a kid they strapped a couple of wooden blocks to the pedals when I got my first 'Big Boy Bike' :-)

Actually, you could rig something that would work, but I am assuming you want something readily convertible between different drivers. Of course, it would have to be secure. Losing her reach to the brake pedal when she needs it could be unfortunate..

Pretty much everyone will step on their 'willy' once in a while.
I usually make it a point to stop and put on my golf shoes first..
E-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-rex View Post
When I was a kid they strapped a couple of wooden blocks to the pedals when I got my first 'Big Boy Bike' :-)
Just sayin!

dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #4

Do you have an electric base to your seat? The electric seats are height adjustable, that may help. It's all interchangeable / easy to swap you have a manual seat with no height adjustment.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #5

Garage
My seats are 2001 vintage and have no power and lack a lot of features and adjustments available standard today. We're hoping for a low-tech, inexpensive and easily removable solution. Maybe when we've gotten over the sticker shock of the smb we'll think about switching out seats to something more modern.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:47 PM   #6

If you can find an OEM power seat on CL or something, it would be a very simple swap. All the motors are built into the seat frame so all you would have to do is get 12v power to the plug. Might be worth a search on your local CL.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:11 PM   #7

I don't know. My wife has the same problem in our van (2000 e150, conversion van seats), and I attribute it to the motorized seat.
She's 5'4", so not crazy short.
I've been thinking about switching for a manual so she'll drive more (with the added bonus of the ability to put in a swivel.) Come to think of it, I think I read that that's one reason the swivels don't work with motorized drivers' seats, because the bases are taller?
Maybe it's time to bust out the tape measure.
MorieSugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:07 AM   #8

Garage
I thought the motorized driver seats also swiveled 90 degree to face the passenger seat but is that wrong?

She says she can't quite rest her heal on the floor when she's on the accelerator. The brake pedal is closer to the driver so that's not a problem for her. She said it was less of a problem when she had boots on, so I think we're talking about just an inch or so. I was picturing something like a rubber block fixed to some sort of sleeve or device to attach it to the pedal. And easily removable. I would think someone would make such a thing. You've got us thinking about a power seat though.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #9

Makalu1
This may be an inexpensive solution.

https://youtu.be/r0wANj7HWOY

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gatehouse-2...5-5c79b60b778f
Attached Thumbnails
block.jpg  
Old 01-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #10

Google?
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote