Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #1

Penthouse VS Colorado Camper Van

I've been sitting on the Sportsmobile fence for quite some time; and now that I'm retired, it's time to start moving forward. I was wondering what are the pros and cons of ordering one with a penthouse vs having Colorado Camper Vans http://coloradocampervan.com/ install one of theirs. Thanks....

jrporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #2

Penthouse VS Colorado Camper Van

CCV will put a pop top on about anything, no matter how old. If someone makes a Fiberglass top for it, he can make it a pop top (usually). Also, he has used several different tops for the Ford vans.
A CCV top will give you about 8' of standing room with the top up. Cost wise they are about the same I think. Also, CCV does an electric lift only vs the manual/spring option of the Sportsmobile top. I am a very satisfied CCV but some have had some issues, so I would recommend planning carefully and getting everything in writing if you go with CCV.
Sportsmobile, being an older established company gives you multiple locations to have the work done, also very important if you ever need service done.
Where are you located? Perhaps one of us with one or the other could show you in person so you can narrow down what you want.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote