I am a previous SM owner('05 EB50 V10 SM 4X4) Looking again, but I do not require HD off road capability this time around. Getting old. Just mud & snow as I live in norther NM mountains. Off road travel will likely be limited to NF roads. Looking for nice highway ride as well.
1) Considering GMC extended van with Quigley or Ford extended with Quad Van 4X4. The Ford van
has the same wheelbase as the regular. GM uses a longer WB on the extended. Any opinions
regarding handling or highway ride?
2) My '05 had a 12v fridge (smallest...perhaps 3cu ft.) It was marginal. barely froze ice in moderate
temps. Now considering the larger 12 v. Have they improved? I really hesitate do to the 4cu ft
3) Any comments about Quigley vs Quad Van? SM No complaints about SM 4X4, but it is more $$$
& I don't need a rock crawler.
4) Plan to maximize battery and solar capacity and add AC for occasional inverted 12v operation for
short periods. Any problems experienced?
5) SM offers a 110v 2 1/2 gal. water heater. Not planning an inside shower, but will use an outside
shower occasionally . (muddy dogs) Any comments on the small water heater. It should
minimize propane use, and save space.
Thanks for suggestions. Looking forward to getting back into a SM