Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2018, 02:47 PM   #11

Garage
I have a white 2017 Transit with a white SMB poptop. We were camping in New Mexico this summer and there was a green 2017 Transit with a white SMB pop top in the campsite next to us. The two tone paint job looked great.

I don't know how to attach photos, but here's a link to my blog. If you scroll down a bit on the October 10 entry you'll see a photo of the green w/white Transit.

https://aginghippiesroute66.blogspot...&by-date=false

bidgoodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidgoodr View Post
I have a white 2017 Transit with a white SMB poptop. We were camping in New Mexico this summer and there was a green 2017 Transit with a white SMB pop top in the campsite next to us. The two tone paint job looked great.

I don't know how to attach photos, but here's a link to my blog. If you scroll down a bit on the October 10 entry you'll see a photo of the green w/white Transit.

https://aginghippiesroute66.blogspot...&by-date=false
Awesome van. Great blog. Love your sweatshirt.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #13

Westfalia has been two tone for years

Many if not most VW Campers have white pop tops regardless of van color. There is about 50 years of two-tone van history. Maybe CCV has a green logo they can put on your van to make it look like white was your choice.
jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #14

If it were us, we'd leave it white because we travel primarily in the southwest and dark vs light color on the roof makes a BIG temperature difference. Maybe just get the sides painted up and over, say 1/4" so it looks like it matches, but then you have the reflective properties of a white top. This is what I was going to do with my FlipPac before I sold it.
CactusJackSlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #15

My experience with a SMB PH on a Transit:

Additional rear tail. turn & emergency lights: I had SMB add lights on the rear of the PH. Should you have to change a tire on a dark night, and have the rear doors open, the doors block the tail lights. Also provides extremely viewable tail/turn lights during normal driving. I always wand those behind me to see me! Cost me about $350
Tape on the roof at penthouse: Paint on roof wore thru in just 4,000 miles. I had pickup truck bed liner sprayed on roof all around unction w/ PH
johnolden is offline   Reply With Quote