Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #11

Garage
I took the pressure switch off to take around with me in Belize without any luck. Got home and put it back in and it worked. I am thinking moisture got into the switch from back pressure from the tank.

Also, the piping coming off the propane tank had a construction which prevented the air pressure from the tank to flow. After removing it, I now have a 5lb air reserve tank that works great. Fills a tire from 20psi to 50psi in under a minute.

Now on to the solar system.

Belize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:16 AM   #12

When you say you “emptied” the propane tank, did you also purge it to ensure complete evacuation?
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:20 AM   #13

Garage
Not sure what “purging” is, but filled and emptied 4 or 5 times till the propane scent is gone.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #14

Garage
This morning I turned on the ARB air compressor and nothing. Checked the fuse which was good, then hooked up a separate 12v power supply to test the compressor and all I got was a hi pitch squeel. Tried it multiple times and still got only the squeel. Before I remove the compressor from the van, was wondering if anyone had ideas what might be wrong. I did check the power line to the compressor and it is also dead, so will have to trouble shoot that after I get the compressor to work. Geez, these SMBs are alike boats, always something going wrong and to fix.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:35 AM   #15

I have 4 Freon jugs mounted under mine
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belize View Post
This morning I turned on the ARB air compressor and nothing. Checked the fuse which was good, then hooked up a separate 12v power supply to test the compressor and all I got was a hi pitch squeel. Tried it multiple times and still got only the squeel. Before I remove the compressor from the van, was wondering if anyone had ideas what might be wrong. I did check the power line to the compressor and it is also dead, so will have to trouble shoot that after I get the compressor to work. Geez, these SMBs are alike boats, always something going wrong and to fix.
Did you install a fuse or circuit breaker inline with the power supply?

Herb
Old 07-09-2020, 12:28 PM   #17

Garage
Yes, there is one, and it is good. Guess I will need to trace power up to the switch now.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:18 PM   #18

Just a thought: Our propane tank had accumulated oil over the years and the oil had spread through the rubber lines and ate them enough so they leaked. It might be something you want to check for while you are digging around.

It may not be a problem for you since your compressor is pushing air into the tank, not drawing from it.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belize View Post
This morning I turned on the ARB air compressor and nothing. Checked the fuse which was good, then hooked up a separate 12v power supply to test the compressor and all I got was a hi pitch squeel. Tried it multiple times and still got only the squeel.
Have you gone through any high water in last several months? How long has it been sine you last ran the compressor?

[/QUOTE]... Geez, these SMBs are alike boats, always something going wrong and to fix...[/QUOTE]

Your assessment isn't far off - but I no longer pay $7K a season for the Boat slip, so at least I now feel all my liquor's being comped!
Old 07-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #20

Garage
Twoxentrix, trouble shot with a meter and found a bum relay. Forgot about the relay inline...changed it out and now the compressor works. But now, when testing the air lockers, the rear works great, but found out the front will not go into gear...basically I no longer have 4x4. Now comes the trouble shooting of the front gear train. It is never ending...