Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2020, 06:01 AM   #1
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Ravelco DIY Redux

Okay so putting this here hoping it reaches the most users----have some maybe good news for anyone seeking a Ravelco device for self-installation. I purchased just the device without the $500+ "professional installation, authorized dealer" mumbo jumbo--paid just about $70 shipped early in 2020. (Admittedly I've not yet installed it but given a few factors it WILL be done very, very soon.)

Mine was purchased through eBay, at the time there were at least 10 other sellers offering the same device BUT Ravelco complained those offered were knock offs or counterfeits--eBay removed all listings that mentioned Ravelco by name. Ravelco also has a "warning" on their site anything NOT sold/installed by their people are fakes, have no warranty protection, a new "key" can NOT be obtained should you lose your originals. So..........

I contacted my original seller and he has a few still remaining and newly listed. IF you're in the market for one of these AND have the ability to properly install it I'd suggest "get 'em while they're hot........". I have absolutely no affiliation or connection to this seller, would not receive any sort of quid pro quo for sharing his listing here, hoping only to spread the news.

eBay Seller: gasp-llc
Listing ID: 363198045003

This link might not work because it might still be associated with my recent purchase, try it anyway: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Theft-...kAAOSwzAxelylK

I hope this is helpful to anyone seeking a Ravelco.

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:26 PM   #2

I just got done installing a Ravelco on my son's Jeep. The Ebay sources were dried up at the time, there was no listed install shop in my area ( It seems like Portland would be a hot area for these). I had to purchase from the source, kind of a pain had to send a cashiers check (I could have sent a personal check). Anyhow, you provide him with the information for the vehicle to install on and they give you installation data for your vehicle. Everything arrived in great shape, installation was probably a 1 out of 5. Really, the hard part was merging with the existing wire harness, so as not stand out. The information provided by Ravelco on Jeep was spot on.

We were prompted to go with this because the Jeep got stolen about a month ago. My son was lucky enough to find it, about a week later a couple of blocks away. Unfortunately the thief didn't really know how to drive a stick shift, so the transmission was trashed. We are now waiting for a hardtop, as a soft top in Portland doesn't last long.

The Jeep was a graduation gift to my son from my dad, as his health was failing and he really couldn't utilize it anymore. It was mostly used as a toad. This of course put's it's value a little higher in our minds.

Anyhow, hope this helps anyone thinking about a self install.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #3

Garage
I have one in a box to install on my sons gen1 4 runner. I have no instructions so it sits. Will probably have my stereo installer do it who did my van. Thanks for the info Greg.