Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #31

@Brian, shame on me. I looked at the Sucro Website only , where I did not find any specification.
Also I mailed the customer service why they do not list the E350 of 2014 to be compatible where the earlier models are.

I'm going to search....

martinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #32

Garage
!4 inches wide and sticks out 6 inches from the door at the lower half. You can also buy it powder coated.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF4835.jpg  
Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #33

Sucro ladder dimensions

@Lenny, thanks so much.

What I found states it is 9" in the midle from door to ladder. Your 6 inches sounds better.

Where did you find it powder coated? I have googled but found only stainless steel, not black.
Are you able to open the door completely?

And is that ladder for the passenger side only or is it symmetric?
martinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:07 AM   #34

Garage
No, my Surco ladder is 6 Inches at the most and 5inches at the bend towards the top. It's close if you open the door at 180 degrees but should clear. I would center it on the door and check clearance before attachment. You can always move it an inch or two if need be.
Don't remember where on the internet I got a power coated Surco rack but I think there is only on guy that does it and may be best to Google it. I think it was like a $100 bucks more. May be cheaper to have it done locally.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:10 AM   #35

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
No, my Surco ladder is 6 Inches at the most and 5inches at the bend towards the top. It's close if you open the door at 180 degrees but should clear. I would center it on the door and check clearance before attachment. You can always move it an inch or two if need be.
Don't remember where on the internet I got a power coated Surco rack but I think there is only on guy that does it and may be best to Google it. I think it was like a $100 bucks more. May be cheaper to have it done locally.
It will also go on either door.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:26 PM   #36

I’ve had one for several years hanging in my shed. Bought it from a guy on CL locally. Keep thinking I’ll install it but still haven’t gotten around to it.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:29 AM   #37

Different ladder types from Surco for Ford

There are two different steel ladders available from Surco for the Ford E Vans.
One is for models until 1998 : product number 093F

the other is from 1999 until 2014 : product number 093F99

I was wondering what's the difference, since I thought the rear doors did not change in 1999. Asked Surco about it and got this answer :
"...the ladder are different lengths and the angles on the top hooks are different between the two ladders."

Did you know that there has been a change on the rear doors???

Cheers,
Martin
Old 01-03-2019, 04:39 AM   #38
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinli View Post

I was wondering what's the difference, since I thought the rear doors did not change in 1999. Asked Surco about it and got this answer :
"...[COLOR=windowtext]the ladder are different lengths and the angles on the top hooks are different between the two ladders."
I'm not sure why they're saying the rear doors are different---like yourself I am/was under the impression doors from 1992 through EOL in 2013 were pretty much interchangeable.

Door with or without rear glass are the same profile and fitment so that can't be a factor.

I do know front driver/passenger doors changed about 2003 only to accommodate the newer 4 post mirror mounting scheme.

This just doesn't make sense to me either.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:40 AM   #39
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinli View Post

"..the ladder are different lengths and the angles on the top hooks are different between the two ladders."
I'm not sure why they're saying the rear doors are different---like yourself I am/was under the impression doors from 1992 through EOL in 2013 were pretty much interchangeable.

Door with or without rear glass are the same profile and fitment so that can't be a factor. Bumper style shouldn't have an effect either--they all tend to mount in the same locations.

I do know front driver/passenger doors changed about 2003 only to accommodate the newer 4 post mirror mounting scheme.

Did they say why their ladders are two different lengths?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:50 AM   #40

@JWA so we are both a bit irritated ...

no they just wrote me what I posted here.