Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2023, 09:17 AM   #11

@mauisportsmobile -- I wanted to go the adjustable torque arms route as well.

I found this post on Expo Portal and https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...-parts.213982/

He mentions the shop that did the torque arms in the post. I called the shop and they said no problem to make more, just need to send measurements. I wish I would have gone this route. I got the tubular replacements from Quigley because they were plug and play.

Shop name: Agility Customs
https://www.agilitycustoms.com/

clicker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 01:31 PM   #12
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiSportsmobile View Post
-Who installed your adjustable torque arms?
-by moving the axle forward what other changes were required?

I would like to do that to my Quigley because I want to replace the original torque arms anyway.

Yup, as long as you’re replacing them, might as well make the upgrade. Derek at CCV installed his adjustable bars years ago, not sure if they’re an option any more, but any competent fab shop can make them.
Like I mentioned, had to relocate track bar mount on the frame side.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 02:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Yup, as long as you’re replacing them, might as well make the upgrade. Derek at CCV installed his adjustable bars years ago, not sure if they’re an option any more, but any competent fab shop can make them.
Like I mentioned, had to relocate track bar mount on the frame side.
Thank you so much for the advice....that's why I love this forum. I'm sure there are threads to get more familiar with this. I usually send my Quigleys to Agile Off Road for their RIP kit but who doesn't dream of more clearance and bigger tires?

I added an SMB 4x4 to my collection and that is a different albeit jarring ride with the leaf springs up front...considering Deaver or Alcan springs for that.
MauiSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 07:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker44 View Post
I need to do a refresh on my Quigley front end and was hoping to better understand what it takes to remove all the Quigley parts and convert to standard F-series parts.

Looking at my build from Quigley it looks like the following are Quigley parts:
- Tie rod ends
- Brake rotors
- Hub bearings

---

Based on my research on the forum here, and extremely limited understanding of how this all works, it seems that people swap to a Dyna Trac Freespin kit to eliminate the hub bearing....

Do standard F-series rotors work w that kit? And does that kit change my bolt pattern so I would need new wheels?

Sorry in advance for a stupid question, just not familiar with how all these parts interact w one another.
What year Quigley? The parts you need / the benefits / stock parts that will fit will be very dependent on knowing the year Quigley did the conversion.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 08:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker44 View Post
@mauisportsmobile -- I wanted to go the adjustable torque arms route as well.

I found this post on Expo Portal and https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...-parts.213982/

He mentions the shop that did the torque arms in the post. I called the shop and they said no problem to make more, just need to send measurements. I wish I would have gone this route. I got the tubular replacements from Quigley because they were plug and play.

Shop name: Agility Customs
https://www.agilitycustoms.com/
Thank you everyone for the additional advice. On my '99 E-350 Quigley I had the cracked C channel torque arms replaced to Quigley's tubular type replacements when Agile installed the RIP kit...didn't even consider adjustable torque arms at the time. Now I have a 2003 E-350 w/7.3 Quigley and would like to look at additional options so this information will help.
MauiSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 04:03 PM   #16

Talk to Tim @ Timberline vans in Colorado. I know he makes adjustable arms for his Econoline conversions.

https://timberlinesupply.com/collect...4-link-4x4-kit
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:08 AM   #17
pod

I’m probably in the minority here.
I ditched the whole quigley setup and went for a ujoint 6” lift on 35”. Took the opportunity to change the rear axle to a sterling 10.5 full float and up front to Spyntec hubs and SSBC brakes. Got the 17” rims to accommodate the 14” rotors.
Also since the BW1356 tcase was tired, went with an atlas2. That was eventually followed up by a BTS tranny after the stock 4r100 complained too much.

Basically- there was a point where the quigley wasn’t worthy of the van which was in great shape (03 7.3 with low miles). It’s no longer a white knuckler and quite a machine to command around.
pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 01:52 PM   #18

Hey REF you stated the change over to the Dynatrac tapered roller bearing swap helps in fuel economy. I was wondering how that might be. I have both a early king pin axle on my 1970 p/up and Unit bearing on the van. Luckily never had a Unit bearing go out although I did replace one. I have had on the king pin a jam nut back off and shear the tiny dowel pin in the washer. I think they both have advantages but never considered the fuel economy one of those sine both lock in or out? In my case I cannot do a comparison since one is a pick up and the other a van.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 02:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Got the 17” rims to accommodate the 14” rotors.
I too would like the 14" brake upgrade. Any links you can send me?
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:11 PM   #20

If you’re looking for adjustable torque arms I have a set from CCV along with front springs and fox shocks. The torque arms will need either new Johnny joints or be rebuilt. I’d suggest Barnes 4x4 adjustable bushings for a smoother ride. Either way they are not just a simple bolt on. The quigley mounts need to be modified for the bigger Johnny joints. They are located in Ventura 400.00 obo for everything
primitive is offline   Reply With Quote