Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #11

Re: Replacement/auxiliary fuel tank

Just curious, has anyone installed the aft gasoline tank from an E350 cutaway into their 2011/2012 E350 EB? This seems like a great way to increase the range beyond the 33 gal standard tank or 31 gallon Quigley tank. Is there a problem with cross flowing the auxiliary tank to the main tank with the V10 fuel management system?

Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #12

Re: Replacement/auxiliary fuel tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy
Just curious, has anyone installed the aft gasoline tank from an E350 cutaway into their 2011/2012 E350 EB? This seems like a great way to increase the range beyond the 33 gal standard tank or 31 gallon Quigley tank. Is there a problem with cross flowing the auxiliary tank to the main tank with the V10 fuel management system?
QuadVan does this. They do a dual-tank setup (as in 2 pumps, with select valve). There is some sort of limitation. I think they said that the PCM will only allow 44 (or 46?) gallons to get used by the rear tank, even if it a 55-gallon. I guess the extra volume could still be useful if something else draws fuel like a fueling station or generator. I think a lot of newer rigs don't like transfer setups, without using some sort of independent controller.