Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #21
Site Team

Garage
Wth do it if you like the layout and if works for you. With the the unjoint kit and the right gearing you would have fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:29 AM   #22

Goose

thanx buddy
nice to be back

I will move this to another thread to not hijack too bad LOL

best

rob
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilson View Post
Any reason not to folks?
Because you can't safely put her in the front seat for years and when you drive into yellowstone and see a red dog she won't be able to see it.

I'm struggling with the same thing with my twins (and previously with my niece) in my SMB- the driver side side window is totally occluded so I can't point out things on my side because they cannot see anything on that side.

With the Majestic it looks like you won't be able to see out either side.

I'm also of the car seat in anything crowd- I have a buddy with an RV who puts his 3 year old and older kid in the house area with no seatbelts, no seat etc. Totally legal but I wouldn't do it- forward facing seats in a class C is the main reason I haven't moved up. (Well time is the main reason...)

Anyway being out with the kiddos is #1, but for us seeing on the drive is important too. Let us know what you do!
Old 04-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
Because you can't safely put her in the front seat for years and when you drive into yellowstone and see a red dog she won't be able to see it.

I'm struggling with the same thing with my twins (and previously with my niece) in my SMB- the driver side side window is totally occluded so I can't point out things on my side because they cannot see anything on that side.

With the Majestic it looks like you won't be able to see out either side.

I'm also of the car seat in anything crowd- I have a buddy with an RV who puts his 3 year old and older kid in the house area with no seatbelts, no seat etc. Totally legal but I wouldn't do it- forward facing seats in a class C is the main reason I haven't moved up. (Well time is the main reason...)

Anyway being out with the kiddos is #1, but for us seeing on the drive is important too. Let us know what you do!

I agree with the car seat deal
Safety vs. View LOL

Ellie will be in a car seat until about
the time she goes to a Convent in Nepal

looking at this:
https://shop.saferide4kids.com/produ...er-travel-vest

Good news is she likes camping so far....
Probably just the Roasted Marshmellows and Popcorn for Breakfast
Old 04-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #25

Ujoint

UJOINT or similar 4x4 conversion is going to push your investment way beyond 40K......Just the conversion is probably going to cost you close to 20k.......Add Alluminess and a few other things and I think 55-60K would be more realistic.
Quote:
I want to be able to take my three-year-old daughter to the national parks. There are four beach campgrounds within one hour of my house.
We are four hours from Alabama Hills and four hours from the mohave preserve

The only real reason for four-wheel-drive you so that I can get in and out safely.

Even with the U joint I can be end of the total rig for 40 grand

The next step would be a tiger but that's 100 grand. Perhaps overkill for The national parks

Maybe only do a rear locker?

The last five rigs I had, my goal was always to go out and use them and see if I could break them :-)

Seeing my daughters face roasting a hotdog and toasting marshmallows, that's what I'm talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SLACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #26

I didn't want my kids sitting in a black hole. I am converting a window van. There will still be a tall cabinet behind the wheel well on the driver side. But nothing that occludes them looking side to side and forward.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLACKER View Post
UJOINT or similar 4x4 conversion is going to push your investment way beyond 40K......Just the conversion is probably going to cost you close to 20k.......Add Alluminess and a few other things and I think 55-60K would be more realistic.

Rig 30
Ujoint 20
Aluminess / goodies 10
60,000 all in
I agree

I can "pay as we go"
Start at 30,000 and get on the road

Tiger which is currently my only other choice is 100 grand upfront

I can buy the rate and throw some goodies on and be 40 grand into it
Spend a year or two on the California hotspots, Alabama Hills, mohave preserve, A little bit of Anaza borego

The state parks up the coast of California

Southern Utah

And I still have 60 grand in my pocket

Throw in the fact that, she is little and I'm a helicopter dad, I don't want to be 20 miles up a dirt road in the middle of nowhere when she gets hurt. So the four-wheel-drive would be a safety feature initially not a requirement....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2017, 01:15 AM   #28

Quote:
I will move this to another thread to not hijack too bad LOL
That might be a good idea. A thread title that tells people what you want to do will draw replies from people who have the same interests and have info that can help you.

People seeing the title of this thread wouldn't particularly think, "Oh here's a guy I could give some ideas about modifying an existing small 2WD Class C." Having your own dedicated thread would help with that.

Plus, when people come here looking for info on the new Classic, they wind up finding info about stuff they weren't really looking for.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:17 AM   #29

Mods:
can u move this to my thread:
Bill Wilsons Back?
Old 04-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #30

The Majestic 19G is an E350 with a full float rear end. It can handle the weight just fine. I drove this one with the 5.4 and it seemed to have plenty of pull and felt as lightweight as my E350 GTRV van. I was looking for one of these when I found my "beast" V10 full float GTRV.

I think it is still available. It was in great shape for the mileage and being an ex-rental.
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...-19G-121341311
BeastGTRV is offline   Reply With Quote