Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #11

If you're traveling in Western Colorado, The Spring Works in Grand Junction is excellent.

saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:41 AM   #12

yeah, that's too much sag for me if that is your usual load for trips. it will also decrease castor on the front end, when the nose is in the air like that, and reduce the straight line stability.

if it were me, i'd toss in some 2" blocks from an f250 until you can get new springs on there.
bet on black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #13

Update if anyone is interested. Couldn't find anyone to add some springs around Anchorage. Well one place makes springs and couldn't get to me till Friday and wanted $950 just to add 2 springs. Other mechanics didn't feel comfortable adding blocks. They were also surprised by the lack of springs for a 6 inch lift *7. I Even repacked everything. Took everything out of aluminess box, emptied extra fuel. Brought everything of any significant weight as far front as I could nothing rear of the wheel well. A little improvement but still got the gangster lean. Got the van reweighed coming at 9180 with me in it. I p/u the van in Aug from Chris. A week later added the CCV top and insulation nothing else.. totally empty cargo van.Orginal Leafs were faIiling by Oct. Chris said because of added weight. No way a top weighs more than 300 wgt my guess. Seen two people pick a top up and move it around no problem at CCV. Just Shouldn't fail with added 300 wgt. So sent me new springs Nov. Van weighed. 8250 at that time. Told him I would be adding interior in feb which I did. New interior with added 2 batteries ball park maybe 400- 500 wgt. So 8750. So on the 2nd springs Atlas made wouldn't they compensate maybe for added cargo and passengers? Basically for someone that deals with conversions his spring guys Atlas don't know what they are doing or their springs aren't very good so beware. So after my venting anyone recommend spring shop MT, OR, WA, ID, ? Should be in the lower 48 by next Monday.
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #14

Oregon Auto Spring in Portland.

Address: 920 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97214
Phone: (503) 234-9611
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #15

^What he said. But get front/rear axle weight before call.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #16

I had the same look, until I installed airbags. With the onboard air compressor, they work great in my opinion.

James
James S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #17

Thanks MG! & Carringb. I tried getting front/rear but was told to move along at the Anchorage Solid Waste station. Only public scale in the area. In November pre interior rear came in at #4280. Also discovered when I'm running really low on fuel I'm almost leveled out. Soon as I fill up get the lean going big time. So I guess i'my about#250 over what the these leafs can handle. So far AL-CAN pretty awesome. Thinking of dropping down the Cassair.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:16 PM   #18

Was going to be passing through Calgary and gave this company Standens https://standens.com a call last Friday dropped off van Monday night. Added two new custom leafs to the middle of the Atlas pack. Big improvement so far. Rejustar is still about 2 1/2" lower than the the front when you measurenter it . Rear pack has now 9 leafs for the 6" coil lift. Ride doesn't feel any harsher. Good people to work with and seem like a solid company. Very large facility. Also noticed today on ujoints instagram Chris is now using Devers on his coil suspension. Hmmmm I wonder why that is?????? Thanks again for everybody's input&suggestions!
Attached Thumbnails
20180620_135613.jpg   20180620_135559.jpg