Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2021, 04:40 PM   #11

Just an FYI. I installed a set of Scheel-Mann seats in my 2013 E350 today and I am not real happy. I wasn't warned that the width of the seat with the armrest requires you to slam the door to compress the armrest enough to close the door when swiveled towards the back causing the seat to be at a slight angle as well. Your door panels are different than mine but I just measured my 2003 E350 SMB and the door panels are the same width. I never had this problem with my 03 and the stock seats. The seat belt tensioner gouges the plastics as well when you swivel them around. Just an FYI as they didn't warn me.

Mountainair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainair View Post
Just an FYI. I installed a set of Scheel-Mann seats in my 2013 E350 today and I am not real happy. I wasn't warned that the width of the seat with the armrest requires you to slam the door to compress the armrest enough to close the door when swiveled towards the back causing the seat to be at a slight angle as well. Your door panels are different than mine but I just measured my 2003 E350 SMB and the door panels are the same width. I never had this problem with my 03 and the stock seats. The seat belt tensioner gouges the plastics as well when you swivel them around. Just an FYI as they didn't warn me.
Make sure you have the flat plate bracket for your armrests vs the 3/4" dog-leg bracket. My armrests came with the dog-leg bracket & I had the same issue. Switching to the flat plate bracket fixed the issue for me. I have a 2011 E350 EB cargo style. Not sure if that makes any difference...
Old 06-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #13

Thanks HIALT2D,
Do you have swivels and if so do the armrest interfear with that
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:52 PM   #14

You are spot on. Toby from Scheel Mann called me as soon as he got my email and has the flat brackets coming.
Old 06-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #15

Harry, The swivels do not interfere with the armrest but as HAILT2D pointed out you need to specify the flat plate brackets for the armrest. If they send the dogleg bracket your armrest will interfere with the armrest on the door panel.
Old 06-22-2021, 09:28 AM   #16

I have the flat plate ordered
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainair View Post
Harry, The swivels do not interfere with the armrest but as HAILT2D pointed out you need to specify the flat plate brackets for the armrest. If they send the dogleg bracket your armrest will interfere with the armrest on the door panel.
Did you get everything sorted out?
How are the seats treating you? I miss my s-m's; best seats evar!!
2010 E350 RB V10 Cargo "unicorn" (SOLD)
2007 E350 4x4 "VANdiana Jones"(SOLD)
mk216v is offline   Reply With Quote