Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #221

Thumbs up RV Insurance

Sounds like you did your research, as did I, and came up with the same conclusion, Progressive offers the best coverage for the best price!

rolorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #222

Garage
GEICO covered me. I'm 2WD however. When I told them the miles per year (around 3K) they even lowered the premium.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #223

Has anyone had an increase in their policies lately? I just got my Progressive policy renewal and it increased about 40% for the new year. I haven't had any accidents or tickets. My policy went from $1,479 per year to $2,041.

I called up and asked why there was an increase but all they did was confirm that there was nothing I did to cause it. They stated it could be due to an increase in accidents/theft in my area. They didn't have an answer as to why my auto policy with USAA didn't increase at all.

Just wondering if there has been an increase in insurance across all carriers for our vans or if Progressive is sticking it to me.

I have a 4x4 and live SoCal (San Diego) so both of these likely work against me.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #224

Allstate went up significantly for us in Colorado as well.

It is probably time to shop around again.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:13 AM   #225

Garage
We’re picking up our 2019 Ford Transit 350 Quigley 4X4 HR in mid-March. Our insurance company, Liberty Mutual, wouldn’t touch a SMB because it wasn’t on their approved list of class B vans. Everything else to them is a camper van conversion and a no go. For the best option, we went to the “Good Sam” insurance broker site. The company they selected for best price was Progressive $849/year. Progressive direct RV was $1,219 and Safeco was $1,577. We live in Phoenix and joined Good Sam for $29/year ($894 for non members) and won’t live in our SMB.
As everyone has said, “shop around.” The policy has full replacement value for 5 years if totaled or stolen and not recovered. We’ve purchased the policy with a start date for 03/15/20, but as many of you know, we may have to push back that date
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:36 AM   #226
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Yes just sending my check in today Through my Farmers Agent, using Foremost Insurance Co ...$500k/$100K liability, Uinsured motorist $500k/$500K, Total loss for collision or non-collision/$120k/$1000 deductible includes vacation liability, emergency expense, towing and roadside assistance, med payment...

$915.00 this year
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:09 PM   #227

I've spent the last week or so reading thru all the posts on this forum related to insurance. I've also been scanning the receipts I do have and looking up replacement costs, taking photos, and anything else I can think of. Next up is to start shopping around...
Old 02-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #228

Just curious if anyone has gotten a new Progressive policy on their SMB recently (this year).

I just contacted Progressive and was told they now consider SMB, and presumably other custom vans, to be van conversions and no longer eligible for coverage.

They referred me to a 'specialty carrier' for SMB insurance.
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:13 PM   #229

Garage
safeco did my 2019 transit SMB quigley conversion no issues , full value.
rumrunner73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:35 AM   #230

Garage
Progressive is the underwriter of my new policy (2019 Transit HR 350 Eco with SMB completion ~mid-March), although I used Good Sam to broker a better price than Progressive directly. Our SMB clicks off all the “RV requirements” (galley, head, fresh water, sink, etc).
To get to the correct personnel at Progressive, you must use the Progressive RV website or try Good Sam. We also received a quote from Safeco, but they were not in the running price wise (>$1500/year). I hope this is helpful.
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote