Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 08:49 PM   #21
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWschusser View Post
I gotta add this: one other ridiculous thing he said was that (although I was dropping 90 grand) he wouldn't let me do the actual driving because of COVID, and that one of his friends would be driving it instead. ??? So after I crawl all over the van, and more than likely sit in the driver's seat and touch the steering wheel, he won't let me drive it because of....COVID? Yeah, this guy was straight up sexist, but maaannnn, this one really hurt.

Moving on, cheers everyone. Thanks again.

Although nobody wants to be slapped in the face, this may have been the best thing that happened to you with this particular seller. If he's is so untrustworthy you might have ended up with a lemon. Like Jeffery said, there are ******* jerks out there. The story often goes the other way where a new purchase ends up as....well the original owner never said this, that, and the other was wrong with the van.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
Old 06-28-2020, 04:45 AM   #22

Garage
Agree. Sorry to hear this, but when buying something like this you are buying the seller too. I feel confident you will find the right deal if patient. Check expedition portal as well.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:41 AM   #23
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWschusser View Post

An old man hung up on me. .....so I left him a message and berated him for lying and going back on his word. I was appalled that he turned out to be such a mean and dishonorable person. Took me a while to pick my jaw up off of the floor.
So he's sexist and you're calling HIM an "old man"---as a guy who's almost 70 y/o I'm offended you seem so quick to pin his deplorable actions upon age alone? I'll bet you swing a cat around in a crowd and you'll hit no less than 35% of ANY age prone to poor behavior. He was an asshat, same condition could and does afflict equally across the human spectrum.

Sure I get the disappointment and shock but it's not necessary nor productive lowering yourself to his level.

We'll never know what prompted him to act like this, its very unfortunate you were so disappointed and I completely understand your frustration. I don't understand why the knee jerk reaction was to bash this jerk due his age.

Better luck next time---maybe the poor behaving guy will be visited by Mother Kharma---or is that sexist thinking she's a she and a mother too?
Old 06-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
So he's sexist and you're calling HIM an "old man"---as a guy who's almost 70 y/o I'm offended you seem so quick to pin his deplorable actions upon age alone? I'll bet you swing a cat around in a crowd and you'll hit no less than 35% of ANY age prone to poor behavior. He was an asshat, same condition could and does afflict equally across the human spectrum.

Sure I get the disappointment and shock but it's not necessary nor productive lowering yourself to his level.

We'll never know what prompted him to act like this, its very unfortunate you were so disappointed and I completely understand your frustration. I don't understand why the knee jerk reaction was to bash this jerk due his age.

Better luck next time---maybe the poor behaving guy will be visited by Mother Kharma---or is that sexist thinking she's a she and a mother too?
I never once alluded to the fact the BECAUSE he is an older fellow that he is sexist. What shocked me is that an older guy had the audacity to hang up on someone he made a promise to. I guess I just hoped that the adage "older and wiser" applied to him, and that he wouldn't have turned out to be so immature and such a man child. He hung up on me because he was ashamed that he was caught blantantly lying and going back on his "honor and word" that he so steadfastly prided himself on when I talked to him, and couldn't justify his reversal. I will be keeping his voicemails as a reminder that people aren't as honorable as they think they are.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #25

I probably think different than many others, but if spending $90k on a Class B was possible, I would not be taking any risk on someone's used van. I didn't pay much more than that on my brand new SMB a couple years ago and had a great buying experience with all the wonderful people at SMB North. Of course, there is a waiting period but I would rather have good than fast.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobe View Post
I probably think different than many others, but if spending $90k on a Class B was possible, I would not be taking any risk on someone's used van. I didn't pay much more than that on my brand new SMB a couple years ago and had a great buying experience with all the wonderful people at SMB North. Of course, there is a waiting period but I would rather have good than fast.
You may very well be right. Maybe I did dodge a bullet as well. But again, time is the factor here. I was really hoping to get one before my kids flew the nest.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobe View Post

There’s no way you are going to find a new, fully built out 4x4 campervan for $90k anywhere now. Maybe a 2WD transit or Promaster, but even those have shot up in price.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
There’s no way you are going to find a new, fully built out 4x4 campervan for $90k anywhere now. Maybe a 2WD transit or Promaster, but even those have shot up in price.
This is so true--I've been looking and looking, and know what's out there. I'm hanging up my hat for a spell, tired of futile kowtowing. I think I'll wait until this crazy sellers market slows down a bit. It's kind of sucking the life out of me! Peace out.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:40 PM   #29

I think you're being a little thin-skinned. Everything described here is just life in the buying/selling "used" world. I flew to AL once on a Sunday to look at a bike, flight got delayed and i got to his house after dark. Told him I'd really like to see it in the light of day. Told him i had other business all day Monday but would be back Tuesday morning. Called him Tuesday morning as i left the hotel and he said he sold it. Yeah i was a little miffed.
I haven't bought a new vehicle since 1995 primarily because of all the BS you go through with the dealerships and secondarily the bad financial decision that buying "new" is. The trade-off is you have to be confident that you can evaluate a vehicle and you absolutely will have more time in the process...depending on what your looking to buy the time invested goes up dramatically....you want a used Honda Accord, any color, any year, any engine then you can start in the morning and be driving it to lunch same day. You want a SMB that are in very limited supply and you live where they also in high demand then I'd say your experience should be expected once if not twice before you land one.
I have done hundreds of transactions on Craigslist as a seller and even more as seller in my hobby-level motorcycle part out business as well as 15 or so personal vehicles, I can tell you first hand that 50+% of the inquirees (notice i didn't say buyers) have little to no regard for wasting a sellers time with all kinds of nonsense and then go totally dark for no apparent reason. I can't even imagine the level it would go to with the complexities of selling a SMB.

PS: New or Used, Never reveal that time is not on your side that will ensure a high price, bumpy road or viewed as a scammer.
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Old 06-28-2020, 07:01 PM   #30

Here is an option for you in Vancouver Oregon. Best of luck

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/an...147354808.html