Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMTB View Post
The OP didn't mention it, but I used escrow.com to do the fund transfer, since it was a remote private party sale with a lender lien on the van. That was an incredibly long process, and I would not use escrow.com again.
I bought it from a large used car dealership.

I've sold cars to distant buyers without using an escrow service. I did a lot of research on them before I trusted their funds.

caideN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #22

It might've been wishful thinking to hope it would cost $800. All these brokers are just giving me the run around.

"We have drivers in the area"
"Your route is popular and we can get a driver in the next few days"
"Keep your phone next to you because we will be calling back with a driver ready to go"

I got some phone calls back but from different people with the same company saying the same thing.

If you "Lie" to me once, you're never getting my business. I simply see those as false promises to make me stop my research on other shipping options.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:20 PM   #23

I could do some fly and drive for you. Retired and have a 4x SMB of my own. Live in Durango CO and could fly to wherever you wanted so you would pay reasonable and customary travel expenses. I would even look the van over with you while on the phone.

Bob
Old 11-09-2016, 02:32 PM   #24

I insure The Finest Carrier, I know he mostly does classic cars and he is a bit more expensive as he has enclosed trailers and not open but the business is located here in Socal, doesn't hurt to give him a call he may have expanded into open carriers too not too sure though. His number is 844-FINEST-1. He is insured for 1 million in Cargo coverage so you don't have to worry about that!
Mavrick300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick300 View Post
I insure The Finest Carrier, I know he mostly does classic cars and he is a bit more expensive as he has enclosed trailers and not open but the business is located here in Socal, doesn't hurt to give him a call he may have expanded into open carriers too not too sure though. His number is 844-FINEST-1. He is insured for 1 million in Cargo coverage so you don't have to worry about that!
Thanks. A member here already did a fly and drive for me.

Maybe someone searching may want to give em a call.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #26

For future reference, I have a good reliable driver willing to transport vans.. he's done two cross country transports for me, no fuss, no muss, much cheaper than shipping.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #27

I just finished my 4th transport for members of this form including CaideN who started this thread. The van I just drove for Daniel G from North Carolina to Fresno cost him about $1700 airfare and all.
I own my own SMB and have been a form member since 2012, and all 4 people I transported for will vouch for me, as well as other members I have meet thru get-togethers.
I love a good road trip.
DIG
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #28

I thinking about getting my van from Durango CO to Fresno for some work. I would then just fly from DRO to LA or PHX and then Fresno to pick it up and bring it home. Any interest dig?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
I thinking about getting my van from Durango CO to Fresno for some work. I would then just fly from DRO to LA or PHX and then Fresno to pick it up and bring it home. Any interest dig?
Let me know if you are looking for another option if Dig isn't interested. A good friend of mine lives in Fresno and might be interested in doing this for you. He's a teacher and is off for the summer. He just drove my SMB from Philadelphia to Fresno last month, so knows them pretty well!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn View Post
Road trip!!
What are the dates?
Give me a call 818 378 2758
Don
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote