Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2022, 09:21 AM   #11

These are the FOX shocks photos -- if they will load ??

[IMG]http://NEW FOX REAR SHOCKS V5 63.jpg
USED FOX FRT SHOCKS V4 62.jpg[/IMG]

doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:29 AM   #12

No Go on the photos -- once again - trying to load photos on this form is difficult - probably to prevent "infected" stuff ? Drag and drop would be a Godsend !?
Old 04-23-2022, 09:41 AM   #13

Bay Area -- under my "user name" - send me a private message thru the forum -- I will reply with my email address (again) thru the forum via PM - and you could then (if you think its safe - and I'm sure it is) - send me "your" email - so I can send 2 web size photos of shocks - "if" you want to check them out ? If you send me a message thru "profile" messaging - I'm not clear on how that all works -- I've never used it - i've only been successful sending photo to this forum once ! If you don't need photos - fine - tell me so -- Thanks !
Old 04-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #14

I’ve sent two messages thru PM. Will try again
Bay Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 04:12 PM   #15

Billsteins had over 50K on them. Bought a set of Fox shocks and installed them. They are built heavier than any shock I have used. Very impressed by their performance. If you want install them yourself you will need to compress them. I did not have anything close to what the shops use so I improvised with a ratcheted 1" strap. Once I got the shock compressed it bolted on w/little problem. BUT! Make sure you have an angle grinder to get the old bolts out. They seem to anneal themselves to the inside of the metal spacers.
SierraHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Area View Post
I have these old shitty shocks and want to upgrade the ride to something more modern. Can anyone tell what these are? All i see are gas-a-just label. Any recommendations for upgrades? I searched the forum, but not much luck

Thanks

D

There are lots of threads on improving handling....sway bar bushings, checking ball joints, shocks and go on from there....
Bilsteins are very nice and guaranteed for life...I've been thru a couple....
It is not just the shocks....google search is your friend..
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote