Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2016, 10:19 AM   #11

Garage
Killacks - Do yourself a favor and spend the money to make it right the first time. I just sunk almost 1k dollars into a dana 44 that got me nowhere, when that money could have been put towards what I am doing now.

Agile has a 2wd kit? Do they just use Weldtecs?

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #12

Agreed. I'm certainly a learn-the-hard-way type when it comes to not spending the money initially, then paying for it later. Seems like this is another lesson in that school of thought. However, my bank account disagrees with an upgrade like that at this point in time. I may just have to wait and make due somehow until the money situation improves.

The "kit" I referred to is Agile's Ride Improvement Package. My understanding of what that included was coils/shocks/modified radius arms (front), and blocks/shocks/leafs out back. I hope I got that right. John said doing that as 2wd is a go.

I have been scoping the Weldtec offerings online. No mention of them during my visit to Agile.
killacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:09 PM   #13

Garage
Hmm that's interesting. I thought that Weldtec and agile worked closely together. I'm almost certain that Weldtec uses Agiles arms and maybe even their shocks. I guess it would depend on what you have now as to which route to go. I honestly think that 2k sounds good to get you where you want to be. Even if you cant afford that now whatever you do don't spend any money trying to just bandaid it for now because it's just frustrating when it doesn't work.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:23 PM   #14

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Glad you got the opportunity to visit us at Agile - wish I had been there to meet you, but you were in good hands with John and Glen.

Agile has been doing Ford E-Series 2wd RIP Kits and lifts since the beginning, but our focus is on 4X4 Conversions.

The Ford 2wd RIP Kit we offer is custom valved front and rear FOX Shocks and simple spring and ride height changes.

We no longer offer "Bent Beam" lifts or "Drop Bracket" lifts, only minor leveling lifts (~2 inches) and custom shocks.

Weldtec, right around the corner form us, offers higher E-Series "Bent Beam" 2wd lifts. We supply custom valved FOX shocks to Weldtec. We do not install Jeremy's Weldtec kits and refer people to him.

p.s.

We have been doing quite a few Chevrolet and GMC Van RIP Kits lately - both 2wd and 4wd with some very vice results.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote