Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2018, 09:32 PM   #11

I took the flip down couch (might be called jack knife couch?) out of my old 4 wheel camper. It's 6ft long and runs just about the whole length of my EB on the passenger side. I had CCV build kinda of a replica of how it was in the camper with storage underneath the bench. You can find the same brackets online somewhere? I thought about the shop4seats but this was way cheaper even with paying ccv to build it and supplyin the bench foam&upolystry and better use of space. I'll be grabbing the van out of storage on the 5/1 and can post some pics if anyone is interested?

keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytothestone View Post
I took the flip down couch (might be called jack knife couch?) out of my old 4 wheel camper. It's 6ft long and runs just about the whole length of my EB on the passenger side. I had CCV build kinda of a replica of how it was in the camper with storage underneath the bench. You can find the same brackets online somewhere? I thought about the shop4seats but this was way cheaper even with paying ccv to build it and supplyin the bench foam&upolystry and better use of space. I'll be grabbing the van out of storage on the 5/1 and can post some pics if anyone is interested?
I would love to see pictures if you could post them. What are the dimensions of the couch when in bed form? (Length and width)
Gh0ztkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0ztkid21 View Post
I would love to see pictures if you could post them. What are the dimensions of the couch when in bed form? (Length and width)
Me too!
sailincoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #14

When I get back state side on 5/1 I'll take some pics and get the Dims and post them when I p/u the van out of storage.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #15

Quote:
When I get back state side on 5/1 I'll take some pics and get the Dims and post them when I p/u the van out of storage.
Perfect thank you very much
Old 05-01-2018, 02:26 PM   #16

I had no luck getting information from Shop4Seats or DiscountVanTruck concerning the dimension inconsistencies listed on their web sites or information concerning the mechanism used.

I bought Jack Knife hinges online and some square steel tubing last weekend. Going to fab up my own frame and my wife will do the upholstery work. Will post if successful.
sailincoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:56 PM   #17

Cool. I'm grabbing my van tonight and will shoot some pics and get some dims tomorrow. I'm really stoked how mine turned out. CCV did a much better job than if I would of tried. It's not plush by any means but does the trick.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Cool. I'm grabbing my van tonight and will shoot some pics and get some dims tomorrow. I'm really stoked how mine turned out. CCV did a much better job than if I would of tried. It's not plush by any means but does the trick.
Awesome great thank you. Can’t wait to see some pictures!!
Old 05-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailincoot View Post
I had no luck getting information from Shop4Seats or DiscountVanTruck concerning the dimension inconsistencies listed on their web sites or information concerning the mechanism used.

I bought Jack Knife hinges online and some square steel tubing last weekend. Going to fab up my own frame and my wife will do the upholstery work. Will post if successful.
Awesome I was thinking about doing my own as well but idk. Where did you purchase the jackknife hinges from? Would love to see a build thread or post some pics along the way of your process. Thanks again
Old 05-02-2018, 01:16 PM   #20

P/U the van. So the sofa/bed is 70" long 3' wide when folded in to the bed, but theirs enough space to go 40" wide. The extra space you can keep stuff behind the backrest. I did this in my 4wheel camper. Here's some pics. Hopefully it gives an idea what CCV did. Guess I got the notorious sideways pixels upload. My apologies!
Attached Thumbnails
20180502_124817.jpg   20180502_124834.jpg   20180502_125421.jpg   20180502_125008.jpg   20180502_125158.jpg