Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2016, 03:35 PM   #1

Sienna seats/ seat belts???

Recently purchased some Sienna seats for my 2001 van. My question is, I want to use the Sienna built in seat belts but I am not sure if I can just remove the stock belts without having issues with air bags, or seatbelt lights ect. Anyone????? Thanks in advance.....kt

telehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #2

So... It seams when I disconnect the stock seat belts I get a flashing air bag light. Does this mean the air bags will not work? Any way to over ride when removing stock belts? thx...
Old 04-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #3

The seat belt pre-tensioner disconnected with throw an error code.

in all of the vans I've put Sienna seats in (in driver and passenger positions), the factory Ford seat belt pre-tensioners are adapted to the Sienna seats. I've disconnected the toyota belts and stuffed the end into the upholstery. I don't use the toyota belts in the front positions. The Ford belts are better for a number of reasons.

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do like the idea of the seat belt attached to the door post. What did you do with the belt where it comes out of the sienna seat at the top by the headrest since that is not being used. thx
Old 04-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #5

I take the plastic trim piece off and stuff the end of the belt down into the back of the seat. Not worth the effort to disassemble the seat to remove the belt entirely.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:17 AM   #6

I have a pdf with instructions for adapting the ford seat belt. PM me your email address and I'll send it over.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #7

Garage
Sienna seat questions

Wanting to put a couple of Siennas in the driver/passenger positions in my 2014 E350 and need some help. Looking at two 2015 non-footrest style seats. They both have left hand seat belt receivers and would use the stock van seat belts (not integrated like the second row style seats). Couple questions:

- Can the seatbelt receiver be easily switched on the driver side to right hand?

- Have read how the Driver side Siennas can't be made to swivel because of the module underneath. Anybody know why the stock seats can swivel but not these? (Cross-posted to 1der's swivel thread)

- Lastly, is the ride/quality of the non-footrest seat the same as the footrest ones?

Hope y'all can help.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:28 PM   #8

I do not think you can change the seat belt location from left to right, or right to left for many reasons. Not sure about your configuration (cabinets, counter tops ect) on swiveling the drivers seat. Mine will not because of the items mentioned, also the steering wheel might come into play. Not sure. Can not comment in ride/quality of seats. kt
Old 05-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by telehead View Post
I do not think you can change the seat belt location from left to right, or right to left for many reasons. Not sure about your configuration (cabinets, counter tops ect) on swiveling the drivers seat. Mine will not because of the items mentioned, also the steering wheel might come into play. Not sure. Can not comment in ride/quality of seats. kt
Thanks for the input, Telehead. I passed on those particular seats. I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out why the stock driver seats can be made to swivel, but not the Siennas. Must be related to how the mounts are different, relative to that control module underneath the seat. Well, my search continues...
Old 01-21-2021, 01:40 PM   #10

Sienna front seat belts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
The seat belt pre-tensioner disconnected with throw an error code.

in all of the vans I've put Sienna seats in (in driver and passenger positions), the factory Ford seat belt pre-tensioners are adapted to the Sienna seats. I've disconnected the toyota belts and stuffed the end into the upholstery. I don't use the toyota belts in the front positions. The Ford belts are better for a number of reasons.
This is an ancient thread & I know MG is not working on seats now, but I'm considering putting the Sienna recliner in the front passenger position (using an MG-made mount sourced from a friend). My motivation would be to have the option of someone wearing the Toyota shoulder belt when facing the rear while in motion.

I know I'd need to disconnect the pretensioner cable, and everyone (including me) would strongly advise against facing the rear while in motion (no need to remind me), but this would be safer than the current set up, where I or the wife occasionally let a passenger face the rear in our stock Ford seat with the standard swivel. (and they sortof "rope" themselves in using the Ford seat belt and receptical (both on the wall side when swiveled)).

Any reason the passenger couldn't utilize the Toyota seatbelt when facing aft? (I think disconnecting the pre-tensioner disables the passenger airbag, right?)
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote