Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #1

Sportsmobile 4WD maintenance

Do most Ford dealerships know how to work on Quigley 4WD?
Say, like for lubes and changing fluids?
We just got our SMB this summer. It's an 02 and in fantastic shape.
Thanks,
Rapidz

Rapidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #2

Re: Sportsmobile 4WD maintenance

Yes.

The engine is not changed from stock and the only thing that is would be some of the suspension components but on a quigley that is minimal. A sportsmobile 4x4 build however is a different story and uses a lot of custom parts in its conversion. Even then they still have factory rotors, calipers, and brake pads.

taken from the Quigley web site.....

Designed to be easily serviced by most Ford and Chevrolet/GMC dealers, the genius behind Quigley is its use of easily obtainable, original equipment suspension and drive train components from major automotive manufacturers.

The Quigley system is designed to retain 90% of factory components as possible (i.e. factory rotors, calipers and brake pads).
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #3

Thanks. We have some good specialized 4WD outlets in the Boise area, but to take it to Ford for minor 4WD maintenance would be a lot easier.
Rapidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #4

Quigley's are readily accepted by the vast majority FORD dealerships as many of these Vans are actually ordered and delivered thru the dealerships and have been from Quigley's inception
The SportsMobile is an entirely different story , I have literally had to buy my way into a local dealership to have any warranty service performed . I was actually refused acceptance by four other dealerships in the nearly three years of new ownership . Thankfully I have not had any real issues with our SportsMobile converted Drive Train and a well maintained Van will eliminate worry of Drive Train issues . With regard to service from SportsMobile I would have to say that in my case it has been stellar .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote