Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2016, 09:13 AM   #1

Sportsmobile parts

Ive heard many times of folks buying windows, interior couches etc directly from SMB to outfit their non SMB vans. Yet every time Ive called them, they wont give me the time of day since I do not own a SMB.

I want to purchase a few windows and a gaucho. Ive been told they wont sell without installing, and they wont install outside of a full build. So basically, If im not willing to drop 30grand with them, they wont sell me a part.

expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:24 AM   #2

Try Van Specialties in Portland.. they should be able to help you out.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:03 PM   #3

Sportsmobile is in the business to build top quality camper vans. That said, I had a PH installed and purchased cloth for a gaucho which someone was giving away and then asked what components they used for various systems. Because I was unable to "spring" for the cost of installation by Sportsmobile, I purchased all of the components and was able to get help with hookup locally. Sportsmobile has always treated me with respect, answered questions and explained why they used one system rather than another. Yes, I devoured the forum comments and postings - they enabled me to make sure I had not forgotten any pieces to the puzzle. Guys who post to the forum, are extremely helpful.
Kingskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #4

It may depend on which SMB location your call, maybe try calling one of the other locations if you want to buy through SMB.
But for windows they use CRL, you can buy them direct from CRL or one of their distributors.
The gaucho bed I believe is custom SMB, so you'll probably have to build / buy an alternative if they won't well you one. There are lots out their if you look.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #5

Garage
I second van specialties. They would be more than happy to sell you a window.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #6

Sportsmobile west is very busy. A friend is waiting 17 months for his new rig. This may have something to do with not wanting to sell individual items.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 06:08 PM   #7

You may try the following location for gaucho beds: Fold Out Wall Mount Beds for Trailer and RV Furniture Help You Maximize Your Space in a Trailer, Emergency Response Vehicle, Shop, RV or Garage Be sure to get one that is long enough to sleep on - without extensions. Older SMB gaucho beds had an extension. I was fortunate to get a free one, purchased cloth to match the PH bed and had it re-upholstered for $300. Maybe a used RV has one cheap. A soda-blasted frame and new cushions made it look new.
Kingskid is offline   Reply With Quote