Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2021, 12:23 PM   #111

Thank y'all for the pointers. This van is a 2001 (built in TX, I believe) so it may be a similar layout to Brian's '98. When you say "knocked off", I assume you mean detached from the bottom of the unit?

tbrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #112

My 2004 did a right angle from evap/blower then right angle thru the floor. I guess it would depend a lot on where it is located, as a tube straight thru makes more sense. Blowing it out makes a lot of sense, just trying to get you looking for hose in the correct area.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 12:48 PM   #113

Hey All,

I've finally had the time to look for my Starcool drain. The pictures show what I'm seeing inside (I assume this is the drain) but I have yet to find the exit underneath the van. It looks like the tube has a slight pinch in it. I don't know if that's enough to back up the drain or not. This is two (2) shots of the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails
20211023_132238.jpg   20211023_132137.jpg  
Old 10-25-2021, 10:56 AM   #114

That’s likely the drain. Water condenses on the evaporator coils just like it does on your glass of ice water. In humid climates, there will be lots more than in a desert. That tube looks to connect to the Dain pan on the left and then pass through the floor on the right. With a tape measure, get a measurement from say the rear door to where the fitting passes through the floor and then from under the van, duplicate that measurement to find the drain hole. Judging from the amount of debris (dog fur?) on the coils, it’s easy to imagine the hose is clogged. While your at it, vacuum those coils too.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:04 AM   #115

Thank you for that info. I have already vacuumed the coils, so they look much better. There is no filter for the coils, and I'm not sure how one is to be attached. I'm also worried that the pan itself may have debris in it. Not sure how to get to the pan. Everything is mighty cramped in that whole area.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:17 PM   #116

That is pretty much how mine looked. I expect you have a refrigerator is above this unit. You can remove that and the panel below to get more access. The original filter on mine was a black foam filter material

-greg
Old 10-25-2021, 12:27 PM   #117

Yes, the refrigerator is above. Thanks again for the info, and the link to the filter.
Old 03-06-2022, 03:09 PM   #118

Well, it just gets better. I finally got the time to try and clean my Starcool condensate drain line. The line seems to be clear now, but, in the removal process, I broke the plastic drain nipple on the drain pan. Part of it is still in the drain hose. Danhard shows this part: http://www.danhard.com/images/19-2811M.jpg as a "glue on style" drain elbow.
Here's another link: https://comfortairgr.com/shop/drain-...hard-19-2811m/ Will this work as a replacement? Is there a safe way to remove the rest of the broken piece from the pan without damaging the pan? And, is there any waorkaround that anyone has done?

Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:59 AM   #119

New to Class Bs and Starcool. All my previous rigs were rooftop AC. I have a really stupid question. My thermostat has heat and cool settings just like an old house type. I really never used AC even when I had it in the other rigs, but I do sometimes need heat. As neither seem to work, I'm wondering; Is the Starcool system for cooling only? If everything worked right, would heated air blow out the same vents as the AC would? If not, where is the heater? Would a failure in the cooling also prevent the heat from working?

Mike B.
Godlessjarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:48 AM   #120

Starcool does not include a heater, the thermostat may be attached to a heater, but it would be separate to the starcool system.

-greg