Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2017, 03:05 AM   #41

I don't seem to have very many tailgaters out here on the "right coast " but I do get a lot of gawkers hanging at my 8 o'clock. I'm a very attentive highway driver and have noticed this doesn't happen in any of my other 3 vehicles so I assume they're just hanging back ther to get a look as big 4x4 vans are rare in these parts. Usually just slow down a notch or two on the cruise control and they pass. But if they hang there so long that they box me out?.... well that coffee was getting cold anyway!

I consider myself a half-assed perfectionist
Stillvanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #42

I like the windshield washer spray trick, but banning woman drivers in general would really solve the problem
Old 03-23-2017, 12:48 PM   #43

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
I like the windshield washer spray trick, but banning woman drivers in general would really solve the problem
Ya know, the vast majority of the time I really enjoy being around men. Yes, men and women are very different, but I LIKE those differences. It's part of the fun.

But when men say stuff like this about women--or when women say equally useless stuff about men--it does not leave me happy. Please. My lack of a third leg does not determine my competence behind the wheel. There are good drivers and poor drivers of all ages, hair colors, and genders. I want us to save the jokes for stuff that is actually funny, not stuff that disparages people.

All right. I'm off my soap box. Back to the fun stuff. Someone pass me a beer and a 9/16" end wrench.
Thanks.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #44

Oh give me a break. My wife, twin sister, and mom all tailgate. Drives me nuts. And if their not tailgating they are in some ones blindspot.

I think calling yourself a woman while asking for a beer and a wrench is probably more disparaging to the ladies than anything I've written
Old 03-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #45

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
There are good drivers and poor drivers of all ages, hair colors, and genders.
x2.

my wife has outdriven many a man (including myself, yes I said it) at timed racing events.

some people understand vehicles and how they work and some don't. some people are so wrapped up in their own little world that they don't open their eyes to see whats going on around them. doing everything but driving when theyre driving. imho, driving tests should be waaaaaay more strict.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #46
Site Team

“Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” - George Carlin
Old 03-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
Oh give me a break. My wife, twin sister, and mom all tailgate. Drives me nuts. And if their not tailgating they are in some ones blindspot.

I think calling yourself a woman while asking for a beer and a wrench is probably more disparaging to the ladies than anything I've written
Not the time nor the place.

Let's get back to making fun of arctictraveller for driving so slow.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
x2.
imho, driving tests should be waaaaaay more strict.
I'm in complete agreement here! Not only that but I'm of the opinion that cops should give out tickets for idiots who refuse to follow the common rules of the road. Those tickets could only be dismissed by successfully completing a refresher course covering those rules.

I heard on the news last night that the Nevada legislature is now considering a bill allowing cops to ticket drivers driving slower than traffic flow and refusing to move out of the left lane. It's sad that that practice has become so common its going to require legislation to fix.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #49

Garage
The last 30+ years I have been influenced through the wisdom of a stale fortune cookie I open after a carafe of terrible Saki. It read "Never use an axe to get a fly off a friends forehead". Translated (for anyone that doesn't speak Confucius) , Make sure your method aligns with the desired result.
Like may of you, my first reaction is to provide an "education". Then reality sets in, What makes me think that my "message' will be understood by the intended recipient? They are (as we have all experienced) already distracted, oblivious, or of a challenged IQ. It stands to reason then that a subtle gesture on my part would be too difficult to process.
In this situation I find neither a Good Offence or a Good Defense will positively influence the outcome... I prefer to become the "fan in the stand" and enjoy it's entertainment!
If I had to get creative though, I'd opt for legislation that allows the use of air guns loaded with red paint-balls to identify the vehicles belonging to poor drivers.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:29 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Not the time nor the place.

Let's get back to making fun of arctictraveller for driving so slow.

+1

LOL

In reality, everyone is an idiot, except the one driving the cool van.

wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote