Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2021, 07:02 PM   #21

Yup.......I remember that story too.....intense. I'm sure it's forever etched in your mind.

2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:25 PM   #22

Stuff like this that’s makes this group special. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting several folks on this here very thread because they seemed cool and it would be fun to meet them. Turns out it was true each time. Glad to have this dynamic and group of folks scattered around.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
... I stumbled onto 2 of the nicest people one night out in the woods and offered our pool at the hot springs to them. They were so gracious that they saved my wife’s life about 3-4 hours later.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...ngs-16697.html

Not a happy go lucky story, but it did have a happy ending
You payed it forward last June when we were stuck in Twin Falls Shenrie. Bless you and everyone else out there looking out for each other. It's the least we can do.
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:21 AM   #24

Garage
^^^ man, I don’t recall helping you either. Second time a member has thanked me for helping and I don’t really recall. This getting old stuff sucks. Must have been a referral or something? Either way, I’m glad I could help

Just yesterday I pulled a guy out of a busy intersection on my way back to work after lunch. He tried to give me money and I refused. Told him to pay it forward. He laughed and said, well I just did yesterday up at a lake a couple hours from town. I asked which lake. We got talking about the area and he asked if I spent time there. Told him yes and he said he owned the paddle board rental shack and anytime we wanted a rental to come see him. So taking 10-15 min to help someone stranded got the wife and I a day adventure in the future. Situations like that and others read here give me hope for humanity...

Regardless, I’m happy to help folks because so many have lent a hand to assist me throughout my life. Be better if I could remember though, lol.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:34 AM   #25
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahamby View Post
We've done an impressive job of thread hijacking here!
Well that's just another of our special talents----anyone can stay focused, takes a special bunch to run off course so well and so often too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I look at these threads somewhat like a conversation one might have around the camp fire that wanders all over. It seems to me that unless there is a specific question or need in the original post, getting a bit off track isn't a big deal but I do know that forum rules want us to stay mostly focused on the original post but as the OP, I think this one is just fine. Thank goodness this isn't Facebook or any of the other social media sites where its normal for the conversation to shift at the first or second post and often times goes way down in the weeds.
Yeah---a lot of times that meandering bugs me but it doesn't here---just part and parcel to the whole forum I think--and its good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post

Regardless, I’m happy to help folks because so many have lent a hand to assist me throughout my life. Be better if I could remember though, lol.
I'm much the same way but as I've gotten older I'll make an attempt to help someone who might be stranded or having vehicle problems. If they wave me off that's fine, if I can offer a cell phone or tool etc I'm glad to do.

For whatever strange reason I've not needed any on-the-road help in quite a while, perhaps because I do my own routine maintenance?---but times in the past I've received unexpected help. Its only right I re-pay those folks by trying to pay it forward even years later.

AND BTW since this thread is about kindness from random strangers we're not too far off the original post!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:26 AM   #26

Lots of pretty lousy stuff on the interwebs these days, which I avoid as best I can (looking at you, social media)... this forum and two sailing forums (cruisersforum.com and forum.trailersailor.com) repeatedly renew my faith in humanity and particularly faith in some of online humanity.

-- Bass
basssears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:22 AM   #27

One of my other interests is BMWs. Back in the day I was in a group that routinely gave parts and unwanted items free to other members in the spirit that someone would do the same them on one day. I once got a brand new electric rear antenna for one of my cars shipped free to me from another member bc I was having issues with mine. I think its the KARMA model LOL. This forum has alot of that spirit.
With that said if anyone wants to give me an aluminess roof rack that would be ok.
jso5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:47 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by basssears View Post
Lots of pretty lousy stuff on the interwebs these days, which I avoid as best I can (looking at you, social media)... this forum and two sailing forums (cruisersforum.com and forum.trailersailor.com) repeatedly renew my faith in humanity and particularly faith in some of online humanity.

-- Bass
Stay away from the classifieds then. I feel the same as you but classified ads seem to bring out the worst in people, especially here lately. They just seem to lose their filter and start insulting people who are trying to sell something.

The mods here do a great job, some other forums not so much.

I guess I should add the disclaimer that I know a lot about these vans and often have to refrain from giving my opinion or .02 on people's ads. The hardest thing for me is when I see pure greed in the seller.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:38 PM   #29

Facebook Groups are often a morass of nasty people with zero filters, especially for sale groups. Everyone seems to be willing to post a negative opinion.

I was on an Econoline group and dared to nicely suggest that people should use the search function before asking “what’s the largest tires I can fit on my e-van?” for the 1,000th time, and explained how to use it (not everyone knows the search function). I got so many nasty, personal comments that I left the group. The nastiest was from a guy in Pittsburgh that constantly advertised his custom bumpers. Coincidentally I was seriously thinking about having him build me a bumper but after that, no way. I told him this and he said he wouldn’t want my business anyway because I would obviously be a PITA to deal with. Sigh.

This folks here are refreshing and why I keep coming back.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote