Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2009, 05:57 AM   #11

Re: THE LONGEST DAY

Yesterday: Quigley (Manchester, PA) to Nashville, TN. 737 Miles. Average 65.2MPH, 11h19m moving, (12h27m with rest stops). 14.2MPG average. About two of those driving hours were driven by my 16 y/o son, so I can't take credit for the whole drive, though.

Today I hope to make it from Nashville to somewhere near Dallas. On my way to SMB Austin.

sailquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #12

One Trip in USA was probaly the longest. Our move from Las Vegas, NV to Palm Coast, FL in a Uhaul pulling a Audi A4 on a Trailer. Hills would be like someone released the ancor (about 30 was Top) and downhill it would be tring to keep the Thing under 70mph.
Day 1 18Hrs driving -> 5hrs Sleep -> Day 2 16hrs driving -> 8hrs Sleep -> Day 3 only 4 hrs to the goal.
Don't know the miles anymore, but is was a couple.

Mike
nalle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #13

Longest day was from Mexico City to New York City in 2.5 days with 2 drivers. This was back in 1964 in and old plymouth convertable.
cody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:19 PM   #14

Update: Today was Nashville to Ft. Worth. Total miles: 728.3 & 10h44m

Outside Little Rock we had BBQ and then pies across the street as recommended by fellow forum member. Tasty!

sailquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailquik
Update: Today was Nashville to Ft. Worth. Total miles: 728.3 & 10h44m

Outside Little Rock we had BBQ and then pies across the street as recommended by fellow forum member. Tasty!
mmmmm...fried pies!

Herb
Old 07-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #16

I have two worthy of mention:

The first was a straight through drive from NYC to Las Cruces, New Mexico. It was 35 or 36 hours straight driving, stopping only for fuel but there were two of us.

The second was from NYC to New Orleans (and then back again.) Again, straight driving but this was for Hurricane Katrina Response. With two of us driving (plus a convoy behind us), it was thirty hours going in and only 20 hours coming home...
aluminum radiator, X-Monitor with pyro, trans temp, boost
+ Scan Gauge & SCT Live Wire (Economy)
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #17

Longest day in the Sporty in three years has been around 750 miles on I-15 from Helena, Montana to Cedar City, Utah dodging snow storms and traffic jams in Salt Lake City last March.

Longest, craziest day was about 18 hours in our old Dodge Dakota pickup one August from Jasper National Park, Alberta, to Helena, Montana. We couldn't find a campsite or a motel room for hundreds of miles in southern Alberta, so decided to drive all way home. Got into town after midnight successfully dodging deer on I-15 only to get caught in a traffic jam four blocks from home as the Last Chance Stampede Rodeo let out with thousands of drunken revelers. What a nightmare.

I was so wound up that I couldn't sleep, which helped me hear some jerk trying to break into our loaded pickup in our driveway at 2AM. The idiot tried to crowbar the driver's side door open, but ran off when I stumbled outside. In the morning, I discovered that he had left his boombox on top of the cab when he tried to break in. The police couldn't understand that it wasn't my boombox, but the thief's boombox when I reported it the next day.
Dagger Royalex Legend 16 foot canoe (white-water)
Maravia New Wave 13.5 foot raft (fishing and white-water)
Ed in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #18

In hindsight I would have to say my longest trip would have to be from Oroville to Sacramento only about 65 miles but I had my mother inlaw with me.........it seemed like a trip to Hell and back.

DAVEF
Old 07-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBREATH
In hindsight I would have to say my longest trip would have to be from Oroville to Sacramento only about 65 miles but I had my mother inlaw with me.........it seemed like a trip to Hell and back.

DAVEF
I guess you left her in Sacto, you only mentioned a one way trip. Good Job!!!

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #20

First day I got the van was a 1100 mile drive home solo, @18 hours. MPG wasn't too god on that run.
About to go to CO for 3 days of riding, that will be 1200 miles each way that I'll do solo in one go.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote