Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2021, 08:20 AM   #91

Garage
From someone that had the opportunity to “test” the Ravelco system himself, I can say IT WORKS.
Ive had mine installed for a while now. Last week we were in Letchworth (eastern area of New York), and had quite a bit to drink one evening at the Glenn Iris Inn. Next morning around 6:30am we got up to leave for some hiking trails on the other side of the park. When I tried to start the van it wouldn’t start. Did all kinds of stuff to get it going (using house batter to supplement start battery, tried the Noco 4,000amp jump-starter, checked for loose wires, etc). After 45minutes of fooling around my wife dials AAA, and while on the phone with them it just suddenly hit me - hangover and senior moment prevented me from remembering to insert the Ravelco cap before trying to start. Yeh, felt real stupid!!!! Cant express my relief when I realized I wasn't going to incur the cost of paying to have the issue deciphered. So, happily reporting system works just fine - can only imagine what a real thief would be going through.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:56 AM   #92
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
From someone that had the opportunity to “test” the Ravelco system himself, I can say IT WORKS.
Ive had mine installed for a while now. Last week we were in Letchworth (eastern area of New York), and had quite a bit to drink one evening............ at

......while on the phone with them it just suddenly hit me - hangover and senior moment prevented me from remembering to insert the Ravelco cap before trying to start. Yeh, felt real stupid!!!!
I had to chuckle just a bit only because the outcome was good---I'm having more and more of those senior moments these days but I'm more scatter-brained than anything so those are on me, not any feebleness setting in.

Good to know the Ravelco's work and thanks for sharing your story!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:19 AM   #93

Garage
Yep, the concerning part of this scenario was that in the entire 45 or so minutes I spent trying to fix my predicament not once did it occur to me to plug the cap in. Like many I’m sure, I’ve done this several times in the past but within a couple seconds it hits me...why it took so long to register this time alludes me (I’d prefer to not just admit the obvious !!!)
Old 07-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #94
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
I've had a moment to think about this, possibly how to remind yourself next time? (NOT saying there WILL be a next time............. )

If you have one of the Ravelco so-called theft deterrent stickers maybe place it on the dash or some other place?

I'll bet this doesn't happen again---traumatic memories do linger---with me at least!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:07 PM   #95

I purchased two and received a discount for doing so. Had them both installed (SMB & Jeep) on the same day about 5-years ago. I was just telling my wife THIS MORNING that I sleep better at night having that system in place. To me, worth every penny.
Dango is offline   Reply With Quote