Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #1

Thinking about selling our rig...

Being in Missouri we haven't seemed to get the most out of our SMB and are thinking about selling it to finance an airstream. I love it so much so we're not for sure about it but was just gonna inquire as to the SMB market- is there still a demand?

Thanks!

tomesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #2

Re: Thinking about selling our rig...

The market seems to be steady on used sales, cant say about new builds. I've been keeping an eye on used stuff and its moving steadily.
Chrismw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage

Well it's one nice van to be selling. Too bad you can't just pull the trailer with the SMB.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Well it's one nice van to be selling. Too bad you can't just pull the trailer with the SMB.
We've thought about that- I really don't think I'll be able to get rid of it tho. We've been to Moab this week and have had so much fun in it I don't know how I'll ever be able to let it go!
tomesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomesd
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
We've thought about that- I really don't think I'll be able to get rid of it tho. We've been to Moab this week and have had so much fun in it I don't know how I'll ever be able to let it go!
That's good to hear. Your van is sweet, if I was rich I would sell mine and buy yours.
I can understand where you are coming from though. Living in Missouri, it would be hard to use the SMB for what it's made for. Living in the desert SW is prime territory for a SMB and we use ours a lot.
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Living in Missouri, it would be hard to use the SMB for what it's made for
I live in SW MO and have spent 29 nights out this year including a recent 11 night trip to Colorado.
[photo][/photo]

Arkansas State Forests allows open camping in a lot of their forests and they have many primitive campgrounds. We enjoy Ark in the winter the best. We have found primitive campgrounds that have "on demand" hot water showers with heaters on a timer you can turn on for up to 30 minutes.

Beside the national forest land there are several private OHV parks in MO and Ark. In fact I have the Jeep on the trailer ready to leave this afternoon for SMORR off-road park. They have nearly 1000 acres with miles of trails in the Ozark Mountains and is a great place to camp. Marks Smith (he is a Jeep guru associated with keeping the Rubicon Trail open) held one of his Jeep Jamborees there this spring.

There is "Flat Nasty" on the Current River, it too is a private OHV park about the same size. I was there two weekends ago. Both are beautiful this time of year and have all levels of trails.

I just made plans for a group of us to meet in Moab next April for two weeks. Yes, it is a long drive but the van makes it so much easier than a larger RV or trailer.

My wife and I have many outdoor hobbys and we would be lost without having our van. I hope we run across you out there soon.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #7

Good luck with your decision. I'm in the process of putting together an order for a new SMB to use as a tow vehicle (TV) for our 28' Airstream. We love our pickup that we current use as our TV though the idea of a vehicle with more room, an enclosed bath, and a small galley to keep everybody comfortable on long drives is very appealing.
travelguy2500 is offline   Reply With Quote