Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallDee View Post
I think the Coopers are a great tire. I've been running the S/T Maxx on my van and have over 30K miles on them and they're still going strong with lots of remaining life.
They (Cooper's) are the only tire I could find that advertise for hauling heavy loads. Let's hope they live up to their advertising. I have never used Coopers before and I have had experience with all the big brands: Bridgestone, Firestone, Michelin, General, BFG, Goodyear, etc.

twotimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I've been running Toyo E rated for the last 3 changes. No issues except they seem to wear fast. FWIW I ran BFG's w/o any issues as well. My van weighs in almost 12K when fully loaded.
I've run the BFG's in the past and found that they formed bubbles in the sidewalls. I too run a very heavy van (10,400#) and thought the Toyo's would be the ticket. They held up well on the 16" wheels, but did not cut the muster on my 17" wheels. I don't know what could be the problem.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Not to dismiss the potential safety issues associated with any tire dilemma (especially in a heavy van, raised or not), I believe Toyo's have a great product. No doubt i would have a different view point if I had your experience... But I've been running them for close to 20 years (on several different vehicles) and never once had an issue - my only complaint would be in my experience the Toyo M/T's dont air down well - sidewalls are pretty stubborn (even in my current situation with a van that weights in at 11,500lbs)
Sure hope you find confidence in your next selection, if for nothing else at least peace of mind.
I started using the Toyo's at the suggestion of my buddy who has a sod business and runs Toyo's on all of his trucks. He loves them!! Neither one of us understands what happened with the tires I am running on my 17" wheels, but I can't afford bad tires. I am a paraplegic and I can't compromise when it comes to the tires I am running!!
Old 08-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #24

My Toyo ATII

I'm running the same tires on a 10k+ GMC 3500. I have about 4-5k miles on them and very little off road so far. Have had no signs of separation. Thanks for the knowledge and hope your issue was a very random one as the other replies have stated. My trips have been from Central Cali to Idaho, Tahoe and San Diego and around town with restaurant Costco runs. So mostly loaded trips.
seanincarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #25

I'veE rated and have had 2 sets of Toyo AT II's and no problems at all.
Toyo AT 2's 285/R75-16's
1959 Chevy Apache Hot Rod
jjtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #26

I have had 2 sets of Toyo AT II's on my van with no problem at all. My van weighs in at around 8,00lb fully loaded. It is a home build with NOT a lot of extras such as stove, fridge, 4WD, etc. I think the
Toyo AT 2's 285/R75-16's
1959 Chevy Apache Hot Rod
jjtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #27

The cooper discoverer at3s (245 16) have been great for about 35K....lots of offroad and baja with some miles of airdown...Getting a little noisier but have been amazingly quiet and solid tracking for an open tread. Maybe get about 15K more before replacing. I think somewhere I saw they were good for 60k, but that might be more on pavement...
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:17 PM   #28

I have the Toyo 265/70/17 AT on my 4x4 2016 sprinter mounted on methods. So far 15,000 miles no problem. Rotate at 5k. The rig weighs 8000 will full fuel, 20 gals water. Poptop, aluminum interior galley

So far no problems - sorry t9 hear about your issues , I got mine from discount tire.

I have a few friends that went with the KO,s , I have been told mileage has gone down as the compound is softer- this is why I went with the Toyo. Both my friends and discount tire told me this.

I need to check I think they had a warrantee of 65k - I know that is wishful thinking.

Good luck
Vailcomp is offline   Reply With Quote