Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben10281 View Post
OK cool that would make sense. I will try to to re-route mine as well to get the open end up and out of the way of incoming debris.

Now, I am just about on E and the last time I filled up I only got 35 gallons from E, so I have read through all the transferflow "46g but only getting 35g" threads. So I am going to see if I am in the 10 gallons above full or 10 gallons below E crowd!
I've got the TF twin tanks on current van, but my old van had the 46 gallon.. and the stock fuel gauge never worked correctly. I think it's because the TF tank is deeper than the stock one, but the gauge apparatus is the same.. so there's another 10 gallons once the fuel gauge gets to empty.

Generally I just used mileage as a better gauge. Of course, I also ran that van entirely out 2-3 times, so maybe don't listen to me.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
No Ben!!! There is NOTHING wrong with that!!! I find myself (sometimes) just sitting staring at my SMB, just smiling!!! Hell, I found an 'extra' air line from by rear airbags Jon at Quadvan installed to air-up my tires... I had either forgotten he told me about or too excited to remember everything? I was just "poking" around one day too and saw the fitting/valve...wait till your waxing it in mid January in the garage!!
Thanks for the sanity check ctb! When leaving a store and heading back to the van I usually find myself walking very slowly to allow more time to check the van out from a distance! hahaha
Old 07-18-2016, 02:14 PM   #13

I have the exact same setup on my 1998 7.3l. I have a somewhat related question. Just recently I filled my tank (45 gallon AeroTank) very full (topped off quite a bit to prepare for a long trip). Parked it and the next day saw some fuel leaking from that line that goes nowhere (your second picture). I figured it was just topped off to high and I was parked on a slight angle. However after driving about 400 miles and parking I had fuel leaking out of that tube the next day.

When I removed the fuel cap it seemed like I had a lot of pressure built up. Not sure why. I kept checking the fuel cap for a few days after and it always seemed to have pressure build up. So since then I just barely screw on the fuel cap so there is no pressure build up. I am guessing that my rollover valve is stuck closed so the tank is not venting properly.

Just curious what others think. I have driven the van quite a bit since with the fuel cap loose with no issues. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:14 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben10281 View Post

Now, I am just about on E and the last time I filled up I only got 35 gallons from E, so I have read through all the transferflow "46g but only getting 35g" threads. So I am going to see if I am in the 10 gallons above full or 10 gallons below E crowd!
I'm in the E=10 G left group. I just don't really want to run it out cause I'm told it's not good on the motor. But when SMB put in the tank, it took 10 gallons before the needle started to move. I also have the dreaded "super slow fill" on the last few gallons issue. Mine will also spit back at ya when full and that bothers me more than anything.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by trquinn View Post
I have the exact same setup on my 1998 7.3l. I have a somewhat related question. Just recently I filled my tank (45 gallon AeroTank) very full (topped off quite a bit to prepare for a long trip). Parked it and the next day saw some fuel leaking from that line that goes nowhere (your second picture). I figured it was just topped off to high and I was parked on a slight angle. However after driving about 400 miles and parking I had fuel leaking out of that tube the next day.

When I removed the fuel cap it seemed like I had a lot of pressure built up. Not sure why. I kept checking the fuel cap for a few days after and it always seemed to have pressure build up. So since then I just barely screw on the fuel cap so there is no pressure build up. I am guessing that my rollover valve is stuck closed so the tank is not venting properly.

Just curious what others think. I have driven the van quite a bit since with the fuel cap loose with no issues. Thanks in advance.

Those open ended lines are the same elevation or lower even than the aerotank top. It therefore stands to reason that theyd see fuel spillage given the right scenario... Id say get rid of them and move the vent into the fill neck like I did.

I imagine your pressure buildup is due to the vent being hydrolocked with fuel. Specifically the single connector line that loops over to the oem pipes.
expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote