Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #11
Site Team

Garage
I had a local shop build mine. It set me back a couple hundred but I designed it around what I needed. The van sits out in the sun all day so they used truck tarp material and seat belt straps. I have two 5 gal buckets inside (one is a porta john). The flap folds down tight as shown but expands up enough to provide quite a bit more room on top of the buckets. In bad bear country I carry a small bear proof container or two which fit nicely. The bottom of the bag is heavy mesh for easy cleaning and allows it to drain/dry quickly. I had them put D rings all over it to hang stuff. I've hauled a lot of wood back to camp with it too.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00405p.jpg  

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #12
Site Team

Dave, I think I spotted a few square inches on your van where you don't have anything attached. Do I win a prize?

Herb
Old 08-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Dave, I think I spotted a few square inches on your van where you don't have anything attached. Do I win a prize?

Herb
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Nope you didn't mention the rack that's going over the tire!

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I had a local shop build mine. It set me back a couple hundred but I designed it around what I needed. The van sits out in the sun all day so they used truck tarp material and seat belt straps. I have two 5 gal buckets inside (one is a porta john). The flap folds down tight as shown but expands up enough to provide quite a bit more room on top of the buckets. In bad bear country I carry a small bear proof container or two which fit nicely. The bottom of the bag is heavy mesh for easy cleaning and allows it to drain/dry quickly. I had them put D rings all over it to hang stuff. I've hauled a lot of wood back to camp with it too.

Very cool. What kind of shop built that?!
Old 08-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #16

Has anyone used 303 Aerospace Protectant on a Trasharoo? It is rated at SPF 40.
johnolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to illking
Hey guys I ordered the Blue Ridge overland Tirebag. Luckily it arrived the day before I left for a 4 day camping trip in Kennedy Meadows. It was easy to install on my tire and fit fine with my dirtbike on the hitch carrier. The bag itself seems to be very high quality and Im really happy with it. I used it to keep my trash outta the van for this trip and it was easy to hose out any beer or crumbs after the trip. Just wanted to share my experience with you guys. I think once i get some traction boards im going to use there traction bags board bags that work as a stacking system
illking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:07 AM   #18

Nice! My van set up looks almost the same except my big eared dog is grey and my moto is white! What spare tire holder do you have? Attached or swing away?
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #19

A free Trasharoo

So, after reading through this and other threads, I called Trasharoo to see if they had any plans to use an alternative fabric. The short answser was, " No, because then I would have to raise the price" I mentioned that folks (myself included) would probably be willing to spend a little more if it would last longer, but alas it probably won't happen any time soon. Never the less, after I explained that mine had torn at the corner and was badly faided, he told me he would be happy to send me a new one. About three days later it arrived and I installed it today. That's what I call good customer service. So, I have my old one which is perfectly serviceable, with just a small tear at the corner, quite a bit of fadeing, and a lot of hard earned dust covering it. It's free to the first person who will pick it up, I don't want to ship it. I'm in Northern Washington at the moment, but will be on the road off and on for the next couple months. I could possibly meet up and deliver somewhere along the way if I'm passing by.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4891.jpg   IMG_4892.jpg   IMG_4893.jpg  
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #20
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Trasharoo alternatives?

I'm on my second one too, the straps on the first one disintegrated and ripped off the bag. I even had it repaired once with new straps sewn on, which prolonged the use till the rest of the remaining straps ripped off as well. It seems to me it's a matter of finding a better quality webbing material for the straps, one with higher UV resistance. I usually take mine off when not in use, but that doesn't always happen and isn't the most convenient, as it's a chore to get it cinched down properly. Still, a useful piece of equipment.

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote