Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #41

I have been dealing with a transfer case issue on one of our vans. I cannot say enough good words on how responsive and kind both John w/Aglie and Chris w/Ujoint have been helping me with the issue.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:41 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by expeditionnw View Post
FWIW there is no way Id do that in my Ujoint 6" sprung van. a speed bump at 20mph will put you thru the ceiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT View Post
That shouldn't be. Shoot me an email with the van info/etc and I'll send new springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expeditionnw View Post

hopefully I will continue my conversation with Chris via PM on this site. SMB forum seems to be the best way to contact him.

Chris's PM to me this morning.

Quote:
Spring blueprints were pulled an they were made to the same specs as every other 7.3. So no replacements will be made.
Basically folks, If your springs ride like crap, thats not how they should be, but thats how they are made, and you are SOL. This is the same response I got from Chris when I discovered the brake lines were too short.

I think its important for people to see the service some customers ARENT getting.

Not Only did I tell Chris what my projected weights were going to be, I asked him what the spring rates He planned to use on my build-He wouldnt tell me.
expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:00 AM   #43

Again I apologize for the derailment. My final post:

SMB forum is NOT the best place to contact me. I don't visit regularly. Email is best. (why I didn't see this thread until several pages in)

I replied to every email I was sent about brake lines. If i said I was sick or had no access then thats the truth. Gave the specs, double checked the specs, everything was as it should be. Customer stated he would get his own line made locally, didn't hear back so I assumed he did. I have offered a 100% refund of the lines no matter the condition.

Knew nothing about the ride quality or anything about the springs until I saw the post here. Had my supplier pull the build sheet to confirm them, everything normal. Ride quality is subjective. I've ridden in rigs that I thought were horrible and the owner was happy as can be. I've ridden in rigs that rode great and the owner wasn't satisfied. Everyone is different. (I'm speaking of all 4x4s, not just vans) I didn't give spring specs because of past experience with people having springs made locally. Too many variables.

Can't keep everyone happy, we've built or supplied kits for over 450 vans and I built my reputation by doing the right thing. We all know in this day and age its tough, doing my best is all I can do. Thanks!
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:28 AM   #44

Quote:
...Ride quality is subjective. I've ridden in rigs that I thought were horrible and the owner was happy as can be. I've ridden in rigs that rode great and the owner wasn't satisfied. Everyone is different.
If anything, this quote should be what is taken from these posts. Before committing to a particular conversion company, ride in as many different types of 4x4 conversion vans as you can so you can see what you like or dislike about them. You spend a lot of money on these conversions so make as an informed decision as possible.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
If anything, this quote should be what is taken from these posts. Before committing to a particular conversion company, ride in as many different types of 4x4 conversion vans as you can so you can see what you like or dislike about them. You spend a lot of money on these conversions so make as an informed decision as possible.
+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
So how does a person do this when they don't know anyone w/a lifted 4x4 van?
StraightOuttaBallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:08 PM   #47

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaBallard View Post
If it were me I would contact the conversion company and ask them if someone near you has had one installed and I am sure they have. Not only that, a lot of the individuals on this site travel extensively and are great people so getting one of them to meet up and show off their van wouldn't be hard.

For example when I found out I was going to join this group of people I contacted Ujoint and also went scouring the web and found a guy close to me and he came over and took me for a ride.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #48

I would try asking on this forum, Maybe start a new thread and put it in the title that you're looking for someone close to you to give you a test ride. Chances are there somewhere not too far and I'm sure they'd love to give you a ride.
I just had my van done at Ujoint, Picked it up a month ago and have loved every minute of driving it. Except for a couple minor hick ups, everything went very smooth and Chris and his guys at UJOR did a fantastic job!
Stillvanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #49

Garage
Hey Stillvanin - Just to further derail this thread as its at the point of no return. Whats the specs on that smaller rear window on your van? I love that and want to do the same.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:38 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaBallard View Post
If you happen to be down near portland. You are welcome to take mine for a spin!
expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote