got me fired up to redo the roof on my RB-50 manual penthouse top.
In researching Unistrut I am seeing quite a bit of mentions on other forums of 8020. The 8020 looks to be quite a bit more expensive, but seems to have a lot more attachment options than unistrut. It also looks more difficult to install.
What I am hoping to achieve with this project is:
- Remove my Yakima tracks and replace with either unistrut or 8020
- Remove my Yakima cross bars and replace with either unistrut or 8020
- Mount (1) or possibly (2) solar panels to the top
What I routinely carry on my roof is:
- (1) or sometimes (2) yakima skyboxes (side by side mounted to the crossbars)
- (1) solar panel
- surfboards (but I also have surf hooks on the side of the van so only use the roof for traveling long distances)
Thanks for any insight!