Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 08:47 PM   #1

URGENT: spare tire tool

Hi all. Sorry for posting this here without too much research but I'm in a bit of a bind. I spent the last couple days enjoying the last of the Colorado fall colors and was up near Scholfield Pass outside Crested Butte. I got a flat at Emerald Lake and realized that because we are building out our E350 and things are constantly being put in and out, that when I packed up I left the spare tire tool to lower it from the rear end at home. Crap!

We were able to get a ride from an awesome couple the 15 miles or so back into town and I'm hoping to use a shuttle company to head back tomorrow.

So sob story aside, the shuttle company has E350's as well so I was hoping they had the spare tool. What I wanted to see if anyone knew was if all years of E350's had the same tool? And I guess if they had a E150 or E250 are those likely the same tool as well.

A brief search for the tool online seemed to indicate that years such as 87-2014 may be all the same but I thought I'd double check with the crew that has them. I really don't want to get 15 miles up a dirt road and find out I have to make someone else go out of their way for me.

Thanks in advance

Eric

E-dorvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #2

My old 1992 E-150 and current 2012 E-350 have the same tool.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:12 PM   #3

Any really long 3/8" socket extension with something to turn it will work. (An impact/drill is fast, but a ratchet or breaker will do.)

For instance:

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Tools-1...=3+8+extension

I actually have no idea what the original tool looks like, but and extension and a ratchet work for me.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:32 PM   #4

I think my jack is the same as the one on my F250, so if there's a ford pickup around, try their jack crank.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #5

Thanks all!! We were able to find a school that had an old E350 and were able to borrow their tool. Hell of an adventure but successful nonetheless.
E-dorvs is offline   Reply With Quote