Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #1

Warn Powerplant (Split)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggde
the useless Warn HD Winch.
Greggde - Are you talking about the Warn PowerPlant winch? I've got one and both the winch and compressor are great. I use the compressor all the time and it airs up my 315 tires from 22psi to 50psi in around three minutes each. This is WAY better then the Extreme Air and Quick Airs I've had before. My winch/compressor came with an impact wrench and I have no trouble with lug nuts. If this is the unit you have, I suggest a call to Warn.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #2

Warn Winch

Scatter ,
Mine is not like yours at all it takes a minimum of 7 minutes to add 15 lbs. of air to my 35" BFG tires and will not begin to break a Lug Nut loose . I am taking this Van back to Sportsmobile next week for several different minor repair's and adjustments and had planned on them looking into the winch . I actually was surprised that it didn't function as touted as I have relied on Warn Products on a dozen or so vehicles over the years . Thank you Scatter for the heads up as i was beginning to feel that I had been ill informed and a little gullible on the addition of this winch to my build list .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #3

Also, be sure you're running your engine above idle speed. That kicks up the available voltage to around 14v and makes a difference on winch speed/power and compresser output.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #4

Winch

Scatter,
You are absolutely correct in your need for additional voltage , the very first test was for voltage then amps followed with checking all grounds and connections . I then ran test on the solenoid and remote handheld switch all have checked out . I am going to have it tested at Sportmobile next week when I take it in for some other items that need addressing . Thank you for caring and your suggestions .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #5

I have a Quickair that works great but slow. When I got it it wouldn't put out any pressure and I sent it back as defective. They sent it right back saying there was nothing wrong they just hadn't tightened the internal fittings (the tube between the pumps) and it was just leaking air... I have more faith in warn but you might want to/have SMB check for leaks in the powerplant itself.