Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2022, 12:21 PM   #1

Garage
we're getting a CCV top installed

we're getting a CCV top installed in early august and need some feedback from locals or others who have traveled a long distance to CO.

we're driving to CCV and flying home after we drop off the van - 2 adults and a 1-year old.
what's the best way to get to the airport?
1. stay in loveland and uber-shuttle-??? all three of us to the airport (the vehicle will need a car seat)?
or
2. stay in denver (close to the airport / with shuttle) and i uber-shuttle-??? to the airport from ccv?
or
3. ???

we plan to leave the car seat in the van so we don't have to transport it back and forth.

when we return by amtrak 2 weeks later to pick up the van, what's the best way to get to CCV with 3 adults and a 1-year old who needs a car seat?
appreciate the help.

Old 03-22-2022, 12:37 PM   #2

I've heard of these guys and seen their vans at the airport but have never used them.

https://groometransportation.com/for...client_id=null
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 01:35 PM   #3
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Oh man, where to begin…..
Have you considered traveling solo, at the least to drop off the van? Or better yet, maybe at pickup?
It’s about an hour to the airport from Loveland, are you staying for a couple of days or dropping off and flying out the next day?
If staying a couple of days, maybe consider a hotel around an area you’d like to explore, one with a airport shuttle, otherwise Uber or book a shuttle ride, either has options to add a child seat to the reservation I believe.
Loveland’s a nice enough town, but maybe look at options in downtown Denver or Boulder for access to more dining, shopping and/or outdoor activities.
If you’re dropping off and flying out the next day, it might be best to just get a hotel out by the airport or nearby to avoid the day of flight rush, there’s one attached to the airport, there’s several other options nearby that run shuttles.
Going on past track records and other’s experiences on pickup from CCV, I would confirm and then re-confirm that your rig is or will in fact be ready to go before booking anything. Traveling with a 1 yr old is not easy, add to that unforeseen outside factors, along with timeframe expectations for yourself, it can quickly turn into a logistical nightmare when things don’t go according to plan.
I think in the end, you’ll be stoked on the top, they are really great, I’m just suggesting you be prepared for a bit of flexibility on expectations, as things don’t always go to plan as well as time needed to address unforeseen issues, and it sounds like you’re planning a lot around a specific projected timeframe, or just build in some flexibility on pickup.
Happy to throw out any more suggestions if you’re in the Boulder area, along with some things to do in Denver.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 01:47 PM   #4

I agree with most everything REF said. I would strongly suggest renting a car At the airport, You can also rent child safety seats from them. If you're staying for a couple of days downtown Fort Collins is a great little town the traffic won't be an issue.

Last I knew the hotel at the airport was about 360 a night but there are some Hampden inn types within 5 miles with shuttles.

I would also consider flying back for the pick up as REF said sometimes that completion date is a bit of a moving target and Amtrak has less flexibility than the airlines. Also, I don't believe you can rent a vehicle at the train station. The price of Uber these days you can probably rent a car cheaper.
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:35 PM   #5
KDB

I uber'd from CCV to a hotel near the airport. THere's a few comfortable hotels right near by that offer free shuttle services to the airports throughout the day.
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:25 PM   #6

We used Groome transportation from Loveland to the airport, it was easy, direct, and the cheapest option. We did have to Uber from CCV to the hotel where Groome picked us up in Loveland.
sbgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:47 PM   #7

Not that it will help you but that company should assist their customers with transportation issues like this. Every customer must face issues like this.

When we had our Sportsmobile built in Indiana, we flew into the nearest airport (about 30 miles away) on 2 occasions to drop off our van and then to pick up the completed van later. They had an employee drive us to the airport hotel both times. That is how you run a successful business.
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:54 PM   #8
KDB

Agile did the same for my van pickup.
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 02:29 PM   #9

I live in Loveland. There is a newer option if you fly United. You can fly out of the Ft. Collins/Loveland airport (FNL). They use a United bus to take you to and from DIA. We have used this several times and like it. I have friends that use Groome shuttle all the time and like them. They do door-to-door in Loveland or pick up at FNL. Its an easy Uber to FNL from within Loveland. The other option list here are all doable as well.
flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ccv, colorado camper van, loveland, pop top