Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #1

Wheel Question

Hi all. After a recent off-road trip, my wife agreed that a lift was a good idea for our 2wd EB van for a little more clearance, especially when hauling a bike.

I have been researching the various shops that provide lift kits and have settled on Actionvan because of its ease of installation.

Along with a lift, we will need wheels and tires which can be as much as the lift itself. I found some Ford Excursion wheels and tires for sale locally and I think I might pick them up...but can someone help me with their fit?

These wheels have a tire on them now that is 235/85r16...the rims themselves are ford bolt pattern(8x170) and are 16x7.

I think that these Excursion wheels have a 25mm offset, will that cause any issues with installing on an e350? Its all very confusing to me and I don't want to end up getting stuck with something I cannot use, but also saving money is helpful. Thank you for any assistance!

lmpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #2

Vans never changed to the 8x170mm truck pattern, yours should have 8x6.5"... Super Duty/Excursion wheels will not fit.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #3

Garage
You can look for wheels from the 98 and earlier fords. Plus a lot of dodge and chevy 8 lug wheels will also fit. Like stated above your bolt pattern is 8x165.

Should be lots of used options available on craigslist. Just educate yourself on offsets so you don’t end up with something off a brodozer that will poke out the side too much. Most 16” and bigger rim diameter wheels will clear your calipers but pretty sure you can’t go smaller. Lots of people prefer 17” or bigger. I was forced to 17” due to a sterling rear axle conversion or I’d still have 16’s on mine.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:07 PM   #4

Ok, that is very helpful! I guess I was thinking that a Ford XLT van was the same as a super duty....but that was incorrect. And also, the 8x170 bolt pattern on 4x4 vans is because of the introduction of the actual super duty axles. That all makes sense.

Thank you
lmpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote