Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2019, 10:50 PM   #1

Will F250 mirrors work on E350?

I’ve been searching for HEATED tow mirror upgrades on my E350(thanks jtolle777).
The Trail Ridge mirrors look good but don’t seem to come with a heated mirror option. Someone told me the F250 heated mirrors work on the E350, but just seeing if anyone out there has any first hand experience with this.

JamesO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:50 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Whoever told you this needs to be asked "how?". Very different mounting bases and the door shells are vastly different too---can't see any compatibility in those assemblies.

I've made my own heated mirrors but its fairly involved and not sure the end result is worth the effort. I have a small advantage being in the auto/truck glass biz so have access to cheap mirror parts and heating elements--even so its not a quick and/or easy modification.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:59 AM   #3

Ford did/does make OEM extendable power tow mirrors for the E350 but I’m not sure if they became heated at any point. Wouldn’t those work?
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:06 AM   #4

MGmetalworks has them on his Cummins van. I’m pretty sure he said he won’t make more. Very involved. You can buy the whole van though.

Michael, don’t forget my 10%!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:12 AM   #5

The '00s style F-series mirror head can be swapped onto the E-series base. These are the ones that look the same, except F-series did get the heated glass and edge lights optional. The Square style '08+ square style heads are not at all interchangeable. These are the really nice ones that MG did the custom conversion on, but he swore not to do another.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
Ford did/does make OEM extendable power tow mirrors for the E350 but I’m not sure if they became heated at any point. Wouldn’t those work?
They do make them but they’re not heated. And they cost almost $800 for the pair.
JamesO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:37 AM   #7

They came heated but are hard to find. I found some on an ambulance. I didn’t get them though.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
They do make them but they’re not heated. And they cost almost $800 for the pair.
I'd believe that for OEM-New... Bought mine with some light weathering on the mirror-arms for $200 off of Ebay, fairly certain I overpaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
They came heated but are hard to find. I found some on an ambulance. I didn’t get them though.
Definitely interesting. Saw some interesting E-series mirrors on some of the "Budget" and "U-Haul" renal trucks that people are using to empty their dorm rooms out with... Have to say I like the regular towing mirror appearance over all the other ones though.
Biggest fear I have is that I'm going to whack something with these mirrors since they stick out further. I've watched people try and slip by the side of my Quigley in parking lots and walk straight into the mirrors, even found my mirrors folded in several times, presumably by someone who hit their head on them as they walked by...
Old 05-03-2019, 11:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
The '00s style F-series mirror head can be swapped onto the E-series base. These are the ones that look the same, except F-series did get the heated glass and edge lights optional.
Nice to know. Personally, I like the stock mirrors on my van, but have been thinking of adding mirror edge turn signal indicators to them. I may have to search for some F-Series mirrors. Or I may just add some LEDs to what I have. Or I may not do anything... But it's nice to have choices.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:46 AM   #10
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
The '00s style F-series mirror head can be swapped onto the E-series base. These are the ones that look the same, except F-series did get the heated glass and edge lights optional. The Square style '08+ square style heads are not at all interchangeable. These are the really nice ones that MG did the custom conversion on, but he swore not to do another.
By the '00's F-Series mirror heads are you referring to those prior to 2002 when the horrendous "dual element" split mirrors were introduced?

The ones I have in mind mounted with three studs to the door shell, had a single 90 degree metal arm from the base to the mirror head which allowed for rear view adjustment.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote