Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #1

WIPER FLUID LEVEL DETERMINATION

My 2010 Ford E250 wiper fluid container is opaque (black plastic), so I can't see the fluid level. I can look down the funnel only so far and the tube takes slight bend, with no fluid in sight.

What I'm wondering is, does anyone ever try to measure how much wiper fluid they have left? If so, how? And just how big is the container anyhow? I probably use it once every couple of weeks and the last six month service check-up didn't require a fluid top-off, but I'm curious about how much I go through and when I'll be out of it while on a trip where I want more.

P.S. The Ford dealer wiper fluid is blue and I noticed it sprays to the sides of the van occasionally. At first glance I thought I got blue overspray on the van from somewhere...

joey2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #2

Re: WIPER FLUID LEVEL DETERMINATION

My 2008 holds 4 quarts. I'm pretty sure that a warning light comes on when it is almost empty and that at that point it will take an entire gallon jug. At least that is how my wife's Freestar works. I have found that you can fit a rectangular jug under the hood on on the right side and keep a spare there all the time. Pay $1.5 at Wally World or $5 at the gas station, whatever works for you.