Sportsmobile Forum

Sportsmobile Forum (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/)
-   General Sportsmobile (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   My van search is over! (not a joke this time) (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f9/my-van-search-is-over-not-a-joke-this-time-16679.html)

gcvt 02-06-2016 11:54 PM

My van search is over! (not a joke this time)

5 Attachment(s)
Eight months after my SMB theft, I'm back in the game.

2003 E250 EB penthouse walk-through :cool:

My Dad and the seller both live in the Austin area. They met before for a showing and finalized the deal today. I paid off the seller's loan, seller's bank mailed my Dad the title, seller drove the van to my Dad's house this morning, Dad paid him the remainder, and they dropped it off at an RV storage facility just North of Austin.

The GF and I are passing through Austin next weekend on the way to vacation. We'll stop by quickly to see it for the first time. After we get back, I'll arrange for shipping.

Attachment 10686

Attachment 10687

Attachment 10688

Attachment 10689

Attachment 10690

rallypanam 02-07-2016 01:30 AM

It's about damn time.

gcvt 02-07-2016 02:21 AM

What's the rush? Only been working on this one since last October! :b1:

mikracer 02-07-2016 03:10 AM

Congrats! Looks like a really nice rig!

Pschitt 02-07-2016 04:51 AM

Happy for you ! Congrat for this nice one.

Taylor3633 02-07-2016 08:27 AM

Great find! What layout is that (very similar mine)?

arctictraveller 02-07-2016 12:49 PM

I expect we will be seeing a lot more of you now huh? Congratulations, it looks like it was worth the wait. The first order of business will be theft proofing, right? Here is a sure fire way to get the thieves next time, just remember to disconnect when your driving. Better than leaving the dog in the van! Burglar Bomb - Pepper Spray Anti Burglary Devices
:b5:

gcvt 02-07-2016 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikracer (Post 168970)
Congrats! Looks like a really nice rig!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pschitt (Post 168971)
Happy for you ! Congrat for this nice one.

Thanks. My Dad said the interior looks like it's never been used. We're pretty excited about it - it's our first pop top.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor3633 (Post 168977)
Great find! What layout is that (very similar mine)?

Thanks. Closest I can find on the website is the EB10...

Attachment 10723

gcvt 02-07-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arctictraveller (Post 168994)
I expect we will be seeing a lot more of you now huh? Congratulations, it looks like it was worth the wait. The first order of business will be theft proofing, right? Here is a sure fire way to get the thieves next time, just remember to disconnect when your driving. Better than leaving the dog in the van! Burglar Bomb - Pepper Spray Anti Burglary Devices
:b5:

Yep, looking forward to getting out in this one a lot. Security is definitely my #1 concern. Ravelco will be the first purchase. I'd love to have it installed while it's sitting at the storage facility next week but they don't have any installers in the Austin area. That pepper spray thing looks cool, but it's probably illegal in CA or something. Also gonna look in to the motion detectors like the ones 1der uses in his vans.

Fitz 02-07-2016 02:26 PM

Out SMB Texas Sprinter build is due to be done in May, then we will be making the same drive as you back to the Bay, with a stop at Aluminess in San Diego on the way. Let me know if you get pushed out that long, I am sure you're hoping not, but if so we can do it together with two new-to-us vehicles on their shakedown drive.