Sportsmobile Forum

Sportsmobile Forum (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/)
-   Online, Craigslist, eBay and Local Ads (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Homemade bumpers and mounts in Cali (https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f30/homemade-bumpers-and-mounts-in-cali-18387.html)

neatvan 11-08-2016 01:50 AM

Homemade bumpers and mounts in Cali

No relation to me.

Some interesting bumpers and tire mounts here. Anybody used or heard of this guy?

Econoline van bumpers swing out tire carriers

From Ad:
I build custom bumpers. These are for econoline vans... I own fixtures for front and rear bumpers, tire carriers and steps that can be turned into rock sliders.

Tube style or plate type.

Tube prerunner style rear bumper with swing out tire carrier
$900

Plate bumper with. With a swing out $1450.

Front bumper $700

Prerunner style starting at $500

Steps/nerf bars
$450

I can tell you my steps are some of the best out there. They tie into the frame not just the body. They're freaking solid!

1der 11-08-2016 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neatvan (Post 188636)
From Ad:

I can tell you my steps are some of the best out there. They tie into the frame not just the body. They're freaking solid!

I really hope this is a typo. Never on our vans should anything solid be tied to both the frame and the body. There is a tremendous amount of flex between the two. This goes for fuel and propane tank mounts as well.

86Scotty 11-08-2016 07:23 AM

That stuff looks pretty promising for the price!

Ray, I certainly see what you mean but the way it's worded he certainly could've meant that they are tied to the frame, and not just the body as a lot of others are. Still, worth asking.

:b5:

boywonder 11-08-2016 07:25 AM

They are affordable....and steel......

I would have powder coated the rear bumper setup before posting the ad....just sayin'

MSD 11-08-2016 08:35 AM

Pretty sure this guy builds most front and rear bumpers that go on Crows 4X4 vans they look really similar. It's just a guess… But I like what they are doing and the pricing is good.

86Scotty 11-08-2016 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSD (Post 188652)
Pretty sure this guy builds most front and rear bumpers that go on Crows 4X4 vans they look really similar. It's just a guess… But I like what they are doing and the pricing is good.

But the location is baaaadddddd!!!!

:mad:

BrianW 11-08-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1der (Post 188638)
I really hope this is a typo. Never on our vans should anything solid be tied to both the frame and the body. There is a tremendous amount of flex between the two. This goes for fuel and propane tank mounts as well.

OEM Ford running boards bolt to both the van body (bottom lip) and the frame...

Quote:

Originally Posted by boywonder (Post 188647)
They are affordable....and steel......

I would have powder coated the rear bumper setup before posting the ad....just sayin'

Maybe he wanted to show off the quality of his welds?

Fredycruz68@gmail.com 11-08-2016 06:12 PM

Good afternoon everybody I'm the guy everyone is talking about. I appreciate the input and the interest. After receiving several emails today I figured I would check it out myself.

I currently do these bumpers for two guys here in San Diego to build four wheel drive vans. But I did inquire as to whether they posted anything and they have not.

I am very open to suggestions, I'm not a newbie fabricator but I am new to the van life!

As far as the steps, I have removed a few other manufacturer steps and replaced them with mine. The frame tie in, is due to flex and request. As far as welds go, here you go. If you guys think it's a bad idea I bow to the greater knowledge.

Fredycruz68@gmail.com 11-08-2016 06:21 PM

Welding

4 Attachment(s)
My welding.

MSD 11-08-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredycruz68@gmail.com (Post 188705)
My welding.

Looks really good! Welcome to the Forum!:g5::q7: